• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What digital hygrometer?

Dadster1960

I've been looking at the online vendors, but I can't for the life of me figure out what a good one is. By good I mean decent quality for a reasonable price, you know, that value thing. :)

So I'm looking for a recommendation on what to get or what not to get from your experience. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks for reading and for any advise.

www.cigarswag.com or click the store link on cigarpass. It is Rods store, Very, reliable, fast and very good pricing, and plus its Rod. :thumbs:

David

I am not sure your budget, but Diamond Crown has a lifetime warranty.

I use both D.C. and hyrometers from Lowe's or Home Depot right from the personal weather station areas.

Cigar Swag

I would go with that one. You need something adjustable and $18 shipped it a steal. Wish I would have seen that as I just dropped $24 plus shipping on the same one.

You guys are fast!

Thank you all for your input. I think I'm going to order a couple from CigarSwag and a couple of pucks too.

Again, guys, thank you, you are the best!

Are you getting the pucks for your project? If so I would suggest the heartfelt beads. They are much easier to maintain and about the same price for the amount of pucks you would need.

Cigar Swag

I would go with that one. You need something adjustable and $18 shipped it a steal. Wish I would have seen that as I just dropped $24 plus shipping on the same one.

I agree 100% with this recommendation. They are "calibratable" and there is no guessing as to what the humidity is. Salt test them, calibrate it every few months and you are good to go!

I just picked one up from cigarswag as well...looks like a good deal with the calibration.

I bought the Diamond Crown one that is +2%, I love it and have used it for just over a year now. I really like the Radio Shack one's since you don't have to open you Wineador since it will just transmit. Least I think thats the one I'm thinking of it.

I have a question about the Hydros on Cigar Swag, the round ones, do they come with the rubber gasket around the hydro so I can use it to replace my analog in my humi?

Tim

I have a question about the Hydros on Cigar Swag, the round ones, do they come with the rubber gasket around the hydro so I can use it to replace my analog in my humi?

Tim

No rubber gasket. Only a half-mooned sized magnet on the back. Also comes with a half-mooned sized piece of "metal" with double faced tape which works pretty well. The metal stays in place allowing the hygro to be removed. Go with this one, as you will be surprised how "OFF" the radio shack and diamond crown hygro's actually are.

lexopen2.jpg

Are you getting the pucks for your project? If so I would suggest the heartfelt beads. They are much easier to maintain and about the same price for the amount of pucks you would need.

No, I'm getting them for my desktop humis. The stupid things that came with the boxes don't work, and I've been spending way too much money on Boveda packs. Truth is, I was completely unaware of them pucks until I moseyed on over CigarSwag to check the hygrometers.

For the vinodor I plan to get a couple of pounds of beads, which I think it's overkill since the wine cooler is only a 12 bottle. Before you chastize me, I have it already for a year, and it was a gift. Problem is, I drink red wines, and they don't require cooling. For once, my basement is cool enough, and to complete the picture... I never had a bottle of wine that lasted until the end of the week! :)

My Diamond Crown was +2% after I did the salt test. Personally knowing what I know now I would of went with one that you can adjust the RH. Dadster I agree with you on the Boveda packs, albeit maintance free the price adds up quick, at least for me.

No, I'm getting them for my desktop humis. The stupid things that came with the boxes don't work, and I've been spending way too much money on Boveda packs. Truth is, I was completely unaware of them pucks until I moseyed on over CigarSwag to check the hygrometers.

For the vinodor I plan to get a couple of pounds of beads, which I think it's overkill since the wine cooler is only a 12 bottle. Before you chastize me, I have it already for a year, and it was a gift. Problem is, I drink red wines, and they don't require cooling. For once, my basement is cool enough, and to complete the picture... I never had a bottle of wine that lasted until the end of the week! :)

Just my opinion, but I would do beads in your desktop humi as well, they work just as good and don't require as much maintenance as the pucks. Just get some empty tubes and use your extra beads.

This is just me being dumb about watering my beads in the humidor, but I bought 1lb. for my desktop. I had them in the "sock" they came in at the bottom of my humidor. When the time came to add water, I simpled poured it onto the bead in the humidor, or I'd take them out and do it. It seemed each time I did that I over watered them and ruined 2 Tat blacks, and took my humidor out of commission with mold growth. So, needless to say I was upset since I've done it twice. Since, I'm not one with patients I ordered an Aristocrat with the set and forget. No more accidents there, I just refill the reservoir about every month to two, depending how often I go in there. I've since read if you have the beads you can simply do a spray bottle on the beads or moisten a towel and set them on the beads.

I'm sure it's just my stupidity on that one, but I'm sure your much smarter then I.

This is just me being dumb about watering my beads in the humidor, but I bought 1lb. for my desktop. I had them in the "sock" they came in at the bottom of my humidor. When the time came to add water, I simpled poured it onto the bead in the humidor, or I'd take them out and do it. It seemed each time I did that I over watered them and ruined 2 Tat blacks, and took my humidor out of commission with mold growth. So, needless to say I was upset since I've done it twice. Since, I'm not one with patients I ordered an Aristocrat with the set and forget. No more accidents there, I just refill the reservoir about every month to two, depending how often I go in there. I've since read if you have the beads you can simply do a spray bottle on the beads or moisten a towel and set them on the beads.

I'm sure it's just my stupidity on that one, but I'm sure your much smarter then I.

Ouch that sucks. I bought the bulk beads and empty tubes and filled my own tubes. When I refill them I use a spray bottle and pull the tubes out (I use 4, 1oz tubes). After I spray them down I wrap a paper towel around them and shake them, dry the outside of the tube and reinstall them in my humi. No problems as of yet.

Gawl,
That's what I should of done, but I guess things happen for a reason. If it wasn't for that I don't think I'd be owing an Aristocrat humidor.

I also have my beads in a 'sock'. When it's time to recharge them just take a spray bottle, stick it up to the sock and spray them till they are moistened. Right through the sock. No need to take them out. If you do over wet them just take a hairdryer and dry them out.