• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you drink while smoking?

Benjamin Button

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I'd like to know what people enjoy (if anything) while relaxing and smoking.

Last night I opened a bottle of Sandeman Founders Reserve Port and smoked a nice aromatic blend. It seemed to compliment the tobacco quite well as it is meant to be paired with either smokey cheeses or sweet desserts. After the initial crisp introduction to the palate, the velvety undertones come through and it finishes softly leaving the mouth neither sticky sweet or bitter. Pairing that with the sweet aroma of vanilla from the pipe was amazing.

I've been looking for things to pair with the evening smokes on the porch. My guess would be a nicely aged cognac or bourbon, or a full bodied wine like a petit syrah that often has hints of oak, chocolate, berries, vanilla and tobacco in its flavor.

What do others enjoy?

I drink iced tea or water with lemon in the summer and coffee or hot tea in the cooler months. I'll occasionally drink a nice single malt, but I like to enjoy that separately.

I don't like to mask (or even really compliment) the flavors of the tobacco with a drink. I like to concentrate just on the smoke if I can. Coffee does overpower most pipe tobacco and a lot cigars, but I have to put something hot in my system when it's -20*F. :laugh:

I enjoy iced tea or water, beer or whiskey, depending on the setting and the tobacco. If I really need to wind down after a long week nothing beats a dollop of Talisker 10 and a bowl of Night Cap. If I want something a little sweater I will have a glass of Balvenie Double Wood and a bowl of Paradise from Boswell. :love:

When there's tea around I'll drink tea while I smoke. There hasn't been much lately. I really like milk, every once in a while I will add hazelnut creamer to the milk. It really compliments the nuttier flavors.

Nice!

Great responses! The Balvenie Double Wood sounds fantastic! The are rave reviews of that online. I may just have to invest in some!

I also like the thought of milk with some hazelnut creamer added. Sounds like a nice complement.