• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What do you guys do when you get a cold/the flu?

Lumberg

Opus Lover
My humidor is too full as it is, and I've been sick for like a week now!

No cigars for me as of yet, but damn if I don't miss it! Of course it doesn't help that I've been on this site just about every day!

So how many of you guys are hardcore addicts and smoke no matter what?

Drink HARD. That will kill the bugs. Somthing strong like whiskey!!

I never smoke when I'm sick.

I do, however, take close to 5 grams (Yes, grams, not milligrams) per day of Vitamin C. Never take cold medicine, just my vitamin C.

This may sound bad but.... I drink 1-2 a week and have not been sick for years(occasional sore throat, stuffy nose) I swear the alcohol helps...better than an apple :D

Honestly, its really hard to smoke when you're sick.. It only makes you feel worse (at least it does me) Buckle down and get better before you try and smoke.

I'm sick myself. Today I burned a Macanudo Hyde Park Robusto and I'm not sure if it is b/c I'm sick but I didn't enjoy it at all. My buddy had one and he liked it. I may give it another shot when I'm better. I can't really say much I light up a cigarette after smoking a cigar for 30 minutes....cough....cough

I don't light up a 'gar when I'm sick. When I'm sick it's usually a sinus infection or bronchitis so smoking is definitely out. However... once I've recovered I usually try and make up for it... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
I don't light up a 'gar when I'm sick. When I'm sick it's usually a sinus infection or bronchitis so smoking is definitely out. However... once I've recovered I usually try and make up for it... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade
that's what I'll be doing!

cough cough

<still sick and hating it>

As my dear grandma used to say Chicken Soup is as good as penicillin LMAO

I personally stay away from smoking while I am fighting a cold. This guy I work with swears by Grapefruit Seed Extract 8 drops in a glass of water twice a day. Taste terrible but believe it or not when I tried it did seem to work Blaaaaaaaaaah :p

Hope you guys all feel better I'm on my way to wash my hands now ...... LOL

BenjieV ;)

Drink some green tea with honey. Have some Vitamin C. Rest. You'll be fine in due time. Just start planning a "I'm feeling better" lineup. :thumbs:

Feel better soon.

Been getting a flu shot for the last couple of years and so far no flu.

It's a waste of a perfectly good cigar when you try to smoke when you are sick. The cigar will not taste right, wait until you get better.

When I had my knee replacement done last month I didn't smoke for almost four weeks because of the meds I was on affected my sense of taste.

Shadow said:
Been getting a flu shot for the last couple of years and so far no flu.

It's a waste of a perfectly good cigar when you try to smoke when you are sick. The cigar will not taste right, wait until you get better.

When I had my knee replacement done last month I didn't smoke for almost four weeks because of the meds I was on affected my sense of taste.
My place of work I think has flu shots coming up....a week late in my case.

Yes I must admit I have a bit of a backlog to get through :)

Trying to smoke when you are sick is counter productive. I just got over some kind of sinus thing and was only able two smoke two cigars last week. It's better to get well... then smoke your a*s off.

I don't smoke or drink when I am sick. I curl up in the fetal position, sleep, drink plenty of water, whine and let Melly take care of me. Yep, typical guy here, I turn into a baby when I get that sick. :sign:

Sam