• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What does BOTL mean?

Eryxis

I believe the title says it all. I checked the sticky of acronyms in another subforum, and I used the search function to no avail. I'm stumped as to what BOTL means.

Ery

BOTL is an anagram from search is your friend. I'm starting to see a trend in your search skills.

again thanks for the comment, but did you type in BOTL into the search field? It's used in virtually every other post in each sub forum so there is a lot of noise in search. I feel my search skills have been quite up to par as there have been 15 other questions I didn't ask because I DID find the answer. I'm definitely a newbie to cigars, but I've been around a message board or 2 where I've also learned not to stir up the regulars :) . So thanks all for the information and entertainment.

Ery

again thanks for the comment, but did you type in BOTL into the search field? It's used in virtually every other post in each sub forum so there is a lot of noise in search. I feel my search skills have been quite up to par as there have been 15 other questions I didn't ask because I DID find the answer. I'm definitely a newbie to cigars, but I've been around a message board or 2 where I've also learned not to stir up the regulars :) . So thanks all for the information and entertainment.

Ery

Just so you know, on the front page of Cigar Pass there is much knowledge for you to glean! Check out the Community section and all the lingo is there. Not to pick on you but do a little reading in that area and your knowledge will be increased.

By the way I'm in a very good mood. So don't mistake this for rudeness, by any stretch of the imagination. This means you too Gary :D

Amen. I don't normally make light of anybody's inquiries. Your question had been answered and I just couldn't resist a smart a** answer this time.

By the way, welcome to CP! :thumbs:

Eryxis - you may also PM someone if you have a quesiton! :D

Just so you know, on the front page of Cigar Pass there is much knowledge for you to glean! Check out the Community section and all the lingo is there. Not to pick on you but do a little reading in that area and your knowledge will be increased.

By the way I'm in a very good mood. So don't mistake this for rudeness, by any stretch of the imagination. This means you too Gary :D

You either eat all the cheese-cake I never received...or got a little lucky this weekend.
(I hate to think of you and 'both'...together!)

Thanks for the welcome GTA, I didn't feel you were being rude. As for Tone, I'm a veteran on several other forums not related to cigar smoking at all. I know how it is when a newb shows up asking stupid questions that everyone else knows. I also know how annoying it is when the answer is right there and it seems like they made no effort to find it. I'm not a mooch so I look before I ask stupid/basic questions. Since this is text the tone of voice is obviously lost. I just woke up a little while ago, but other than that am in a good mood as well. Nice to meet you tone, and thanks for the help in the other thread.

Thanks for the welcome GTA, I didn't feel you were being rude. As for Tone, I'm a veteran on several other forums not related to cigar smoking at all. I know how it is when a newb shows up asking stupid questions that everyone else knows. I also know how annoying it is when the answer is right there and it seems like they made no effort to find it. I'm not a mooch so I look before I ask stupid/basic questions. Since this is text the tone of voice is obviously lost. I just woke up a little while ago, but other than that am in a good mood as well. Nice to meet you tone, and thanks for the help in the other thread.

You are welcome and welcome to CP.

By the way moochers are not tolerated here! It's a bad term here, someone asking for free cigars. So a different word would be preferred here :thumbs:

For future reference, there is a Google search option at the bottom of the page as well, and a quick Google search would have answered your question quickly.

Part of the CigarPass experience is the valuable knowledge that is in the archives - you will learn more by spending the time to look through 10+ pages of older posts then by looking for a quick answer.

MMM, i did not see the Google search at the bottom thanks. Again typing in BOTL or what does BOTL mean does nothing but bring up pages of post saying xxx is a great BOTL. I missed the abbreviations on the home page, but I none of my searches took me there :( .

The good part about this thread is the title: "What does BOTL mean?".

Now it can be searched.

:laugh:

MMM, i did not see the Google search at the bottom thanks. Again typing in BOTL or what does BOTL mean does nothing but bring up pages of post saying xxx is a great BOTL. I missed the abbreviations on the home page, but I none of my searches took me there :( .

The Google search at the bottom gives you the option to search only CigarPass.com, or a normal Google search. A normal Google search is the better solution for the BOTL question.

For the regular CigarPass search option along the toolbar, I think most noobs don't use it effectively. I have great results by choosing these options:

Click Search
> Click "More Search Options"
>Under Search Options > Search Where > Click "Search Titles Only"
>Under Search Options > Results Type > Click "Show Results as Posts"

The good part about this thread is the title: "What does BOTL mean?".

Now it can be searched.

:laugh:

It is apparently also a mini-tutorial for searching. Thanks everyone. I think I'll let this die now.