• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What does this mean?

oknewb

What does the word intact mean, regarding cigars? I have seen it a couple times, and don't know what it is referring to.

Nope.

Box, bands and inserts.

edited to add:
This is mainly used for the Dark Side! ;)

Sometimes companies take the bands off cigars or put them in different boxes before they ship them. Intact means they ship in original packaging (not necessarily sealed) with the bands still on them.

Sometimes companies take the bands off cigars or put them in different boxes before they ship them. Intact means they ship in original packaging (not necessarily sealed) with the bands still on them.
Exactly. It is uncommon to get sealed box(although possible) as most of retailers are checking them prior to shipping to avoid common problems with visually damaged sticks.

Why would a company take the bands off? When you say company do you mean manufacturer or retailer? I presume if it is a retailer it would be to use on counterfiet sticks.

Why would a company take the bands off? When you say company do you mean manufacturer or retailer? I presume if it is a retailer it would be to use on counterfiet sticks.

I don't think their using them for counterfeits. Think of it as more along the lines of "protection" during shipping across borders...

I don't think their using them for counterfeits. Think of it as more along the lines of "protection" during shipping across borders...

Yup.

I have one of my dealers that send the boxes to me sealed, and another that sends them intact, but checks the stick for damage.