• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What exactly is a Herf?

It can mean different things.

A herf is when 2 or more people get together to smoke cigars and have a good time.

To herf is the verb form of the above, or to smoke a cigar.

Emo

As I understand it the term "herf" originated online in a forum such as this. I have no idea who came up with it and why that particular word was used. I do know I've become fond of it though :D

lucasbuck said:
As I understand it the term "herf" originated online in a forum such as this. I have no idea who came up with it and why that particular word was used. I do know I've become fond of it though :D
Thanks Sheriff that's basically what I was looking for :D

lucasbuck said:
You got it Michael, now when's the next VSG split? :D :D :D
After the holiday's :) Probably some Torpedo's or Illusion's I'm thinking

uhhh....didn't it come about as a wonky variation on the word "huff'?

puffing, huffing on a cigar, then someone added an r and started calling it a herf and then it caught on

Thanks again for the link, Allofus. I have always wondered where the term came from, also, I just never ask, which is probably true of most people who smoke cigars.

ALostTexan

I believe the verbiage is much older than the 90's.
Seem to remember it as a throw off word to get folks together for "smoke-ins" back even to the early 70's. Of course I might just be having a flashback :p :p :p

BUD

As Allofus pointed out in his link, the word herf is fairly well documented. The only odd cigar smoking saying I can remember from 30+ years ago was "fog a room" and that was local with the poker boys in San Clemente (the Nixon one not the northern one).