• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Happens When you store your coolidor at your parents....

Hoagiehoag1028

So.... being in college and in a small apartment, I have asked my parents to store some stuff for me including my two coolidors. Not bad they have a room for storage that I have commandeered, cheaper than a storage locker.... so I thought......

So I go to their house today as they left for the weekend and I get to watch the animals... so I decide I am going to sit on their deck and smoke one of my nice cigars.... so I go into the room and to my horror I see only one cooler..... and tupperdors and boxes and singles cigars on the floor..... I started to get dizzy wondering how long they have been sitting out and what damage had been done......... quickly I grab all the tupperware sitting in the house and distribute the cigars and beads.... and then find another big cooler that will fit the rest...

Sitting down wiping away the tears for what may have happened (ok more like sweat from running around) I call my parents.... and ask... my mom emptied it out wednesday and told me "It is a waste to take up a nice cooler with those old cigars...." I swear I am adopted... needless t say I am gonna find space in my apartment for my cigars I should know better than desert them somewhere other than my home!!!

They are all resting nicely and I dont think anything serious happened to them....

I can at least laugh about it now... what can I do, it is my mom....

Yeah, I learned the hard way with keeping cigars at the parents house. I will never do that again.

I learned not to store anything at my dad's house in college when he threw out my dj equipment (mixing board, turntables, etc.) to "make room". I'm still bitter.

You can tell her not to touch your shit... Mom or not it's your stuff and she has no right to touch it without asking.

A friend of mine had one of his parents help him out by putting a half smoked cigar back into his humidor.

At least they just took them out and placed them on the floor and did not replace those old looking cigars with new ones from the local gas station

That story is hilarious! Not so for your cigars, but man, what a "mom" thing to do. :laugh:

Did she find your Playboys and stash of rubbers, too? I hope you hid those embarrassing spring break pictures in a good spot...

Did she find your Playboys and stash of rubbers, too? I hope you hid those embarrassing spring break pictures in a good spot...
And God forbid she finds the blow-up dolls!

She might just think you met a nice, but oddly quiet, girl. :D

This is exactly why I shut my 3k humidor down when I lived in Moscow for 2 months. I didn't want to risk things know my brother wouldn't have
take care of filling the canisters. My sis-n-law said she would but hell no. I still remember when I went to college and had to leave my motorcycle
at my brother's place. He said he would start it and all that. He never did while I was away for 9 months. I come back and the entire fuel system
was shot to hell and back.

Thus no one takes care of my cigars. I just can't trust anyone to take care of them if I'm gone. I was going to head back to Russia for a year but
with the 3 bombings recently, I don't know if I will risk it. I may end up traveling Europe and Eastern Europe for 6 months instead. Hard to say
but I will have to shut down my 3k humidor again. :(

This is exactly why I shut my 3k humidor down when I lived in Moscow for 2 months. I didn't want to risk things know my brother wouldn't have
take care of filling the canisters. My sis-n-law said she would but hell no. I still remember when I went to college and had to leave my motorcycle
at my brother's place. He said he would start it and all that. He never did while I was away for 9 months. I come back and the entire fuel system
was shot to hell and back.

Thus no one takes care of my cigars. I just can't trust anyone to take care of them if I'm gone. I was going to head back to Russia for a year but
with the 3 bombings recently, I don't know if I will risk it. I may end up traveling Europe and Eastern Europe for 6 months instead. Hard to say
but I will have to shut down my 3k humidor again. :(

Mr Peat..I'll be back in your area in July if you want a caretaker... would need a small donation of your Opus stash as payment tho.... :thumbs: lol

I left my humidors in the care of my loving bride for the 6mos while I'm here in Iraq....we'll see how I fare when I get home..3mos to go...pray for me!!!

I learned never to trust my mom after they were at my house in 98 when I was deploying to the Middle East and she decided to clean my jeep windshield before I drove to base to leave...I came out to find her crying and my dad laughing....she had mistaken my sta flo starch bottle for my uniforms with a windex bottle and starched all the glass on my jeep....

Cheers,

R