• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What kind of glue?

Dsav101

Women it seems are the antichrist.
Works for the bands of cigars, and where is a good place, preferably walk in, to get it? Have some sticks I need to re-glue the bands on for some strange reason :whistling: , nad I realized I am not so bright when it comes to the gear necessary for it. Thanks!

Don

I dont know of any specific brands, but you can use pectin or vegetable glue, or even try making your own glue by diluting corn starch with some water and boiling it some.

Also, many of those custom banded cigar companies (ie "Its a boy/girl" cigars) simply use just plain-ole, non toxic, glue sticks to wrap their bands.

Interesting. I shall look into this more, as I don't want to good anything up!

Don

You can use powdered Pectin, found in the canning section of your grocery. You mix it with water. I'd be real careful with the amount used, consistency, and avoiding getting it on the wrapper. If your a smoker who likes to fiddle with the bands, for whatever reason, the reapplied bands and glue might damage the wrapper upon removal.

Do you think making it a bit thick, and using a toothpick to apply it would be good enough? I just like to keep the band on till I get to it, then I try to take it gently off without any damage. :)

Don

The thcker you make it, the more it will spread under pressure. I do wonder if the thicker the tackier.
I would experiment seeing what size dollop spreads to what size.

Don, I recently cooked up a small batch of this from materials my company uses in manufacturing.(Gum Arabic and some other 'proprietary' materials :cool: ) I'll send you some next week...... or maybe the week after that...... or maybe the week after that. :sign: :blush:

LOL, I will look for it starting in 09!!! :)

Don