• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What should I smoke next?

pj_rage

Novice Cigar Smoker
I'm very new at smoking cigars - about 6 months now. I've probably tried about 20-25 different ones (some of those were repeats).

The ones I have tried that I can remember are, in no particular order (and none of these are cubans), Montecristo #2, Montecristo White label (I think that is what it was called), CAO Cameroon, Punch (don't remember the specifics), Camacho SLR, Lethal, Cohiba (dark?), Macanudo, Romeo and Juliet, and a number of others that I can't remember.

Since I'm only buying onsies twosies right now, price isn't really a factor, I'm just looking to hear some more names to branch out to. The CAO Cameroon is my current favorite, followed by the Montecristo #2. Of the ones I have had, there hasn't been any that I have completely disliked, though.

Can anyone recommend some specific cigars and/or brands that are typically pretty good and carried by local shops? Any sticks under $15 I would definitely try, and under $10 would be better (of course). I definitely can't wait to try a cuban either, at least to say I've had one, are they really that much better?

Gurkha Centurion double X....they are great and cigars international has a really good special on 12 of them right now.

e

I would recommend hemingways. Try a signature, classic, and short story. They are all under ten buck and great smokes with some really good flavor.

Also, you might try a Romeo and Julieta Vintage or an ashton Cabinet. These are all pretty light which seems to be what you like right now.

My last recommendation would be to get a humidor or a coolerdor and take part in the newbie sampler. This is a great way to try out some new smokes. Hope some of this helps.

Brandon

Edit to add:

I almost forgot about AVO's. They are great lighter smokes. Try getting ahold of the XO. They are really good.

I would recommend hemingways. Try a signature, classic, and short story. They are all under ten buck and great smokes with some really good flavor.

Also, you might try a Romeo and Julieta Vintage or an ashton Cabinet. These are all pretty light which seems to be what you like right now.

My last recommendation would be to get a humidor or a coolerdor and take part in the newbie sampler. This is a great way to try out some new smokes. Hope some of this helps.

Brandon

Edit to add:

I almost forgot about AVO's. They are great lighter smokes. Try getting ahold of the XO. They are really good.

I second the trying of the Newbie Sampler!! I know you want to buy ones and twos, but for $50(minimum) you get a generous offering of mid to premie cigars. Check it out here

I've had great luck with anything K. Hansotia.

But if you pick up anything Gurkha, it's sure to please.

You can't really go wrong with any of the Fuente's. Another great smoke is the CAO Brazilia. It is more of a fuller bodied smoke.

I'll throw out the numbered Padron line in maduro as a great inexpensive smoke. If you like the numbered series you are definately going to like the Anniversary series.

Thanks for the replies guys. I do like the lighter cigars so far, but then again, that is really all I have tried. I think a few of my next ones will be some darker ones. Maybe the CAO brazilian and I will definitely try the others mentioned above.

Thanks!

You liked the CAO cameroon, so I'd suggest you try the CAO Anniversary cameroon. You'd probably also like the new CAO Sopranos cigars.

Tatuaje and La Flor Dominican ligero (and double ligero) cigars are very good, loaded with flavor, but very strong. I don't see anything on your list that matches their strength, so be careful :)

Also, you might look for one of them Perdomo cigars that come in the colored cello, one is called the cuban cafe, one is called "champagne" something... there is one with a light creamy cameroon wrapper like the CAO you had. I bet you'd like that also.

You have to smoke some Ashton Aged Maduros and VSGs. And, why not, try an Avo 80th while you can still get them at a local B&M.

Another nice spicy, full bodied, well priced smoke is the Joya de Nicaragua, especially their 1970 Antona Reserve line.