• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Size Trays for my Desktop Humidor?

calstogy

Reaction score
For those that missed my previous post, I like making things from wood and I'm getting closer to finishing the "all" Spanish cedar humidor (minus the zebra wood veneer and cocobolo top).

Ultimately, a desktop humidor will not hold very many cigars, but the ones it does hold, I would like to easily access. So I'm thinking of single row trays. This first photo show a nearly finished tray with cigars. The rough box below I plan to cut apart with my table saw to make three more single row trays.

Any thoughts on how minimize the rummaging for cigars inside a humidor? Eventually, I plan to make an end table humidor and maybe the way to go is drawers.

rough_trays_1306.jpg

For fun, the next photos shows the cocobolo top - The woods used for a humidor imparts a subtle, but distinct smell to the cigars. In the case of cocobolo, it's a nice cinnamon smell.

top_1328.jpg

This is not an endeavor to save time or money. The image below shows a Brusso quadrant hinge, expensive and difficult to install:

brusso_quadrant_hinge_1319.jpg

Well, I can't offer advice on building the humi...looks like you're doing a fantastic job!

As for minimizing rummaging, do this:

Get a box, address it to Trey Sm....

Wait. Disregard. You meant you want to KEEP them and not rummage around for them. Got it. My mistake. :whistling: :laugh: