• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What the...

parade

Just got these and upon examination, I found this on some of the cigars. Any ideas?

Monty_1.jpg

Monty_2.jpg

From what I've read on here before, these are usually attributed to water spots and don't harm the flavor of the cigar at all. See here and here for info.

It's a band. :laugh:

Unless you are talking about the green spots, those are just colorations of the wrapper. I think there have been other threads about those green colorations, but they are exposed parts of the wrapper leaves that did not cure to the same color as the rest of the leaf. Nothing to worry about at all.

Rollers wet the wrapper if they are a lilttle dry. Maybe this one got a little too wet? It shouldn't smoke any different than the rest of the Monte #2's.

From what I've read on here before, these are usually attributed to water spots and don't harm the flavor of the cigar at all. See here and here for info.

Yep, the "hands of time" were rushed a bit, and the wrapper wasn't properly/completely cured. It could be because that part of the wrapper was excessively wet, and it also could be because it was touching up against other leaves and thus was not exposed to air during the curing process.

You likely won't notice the difference, just burn it.

A couple of them had obvious green spots and frankly, made them ugly. I am just surprised that such cigars would be allowed to leave the factory. Has anyone encountered quality issues with these boxes lately?

A couple of them had obvious green spots and frankly, made them ugly. I am just surprised that such cigars would be allowed to leave the factory. Has anyone encountered quality issues with these boxes lately?

That's a relative term.

At times - all manufacturers have had some issues....in my brief experience with cigars.