• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to buy for christmas

Asel.mike

Professional nerd
My father has been enjoying cigars since before I was even a thought in someone's mind. His business used to take him to Mexico every other week where of course he had his choice of some great cigars. That being said, I would like to buy him a cigar or several cigars for Christmas. He generally enjoys Arturo Fuente, La Gloria Cubana and Sancho Panza maduro is his go to cigar. He is usually a cheap, big cigar guy but in the past he has had a history of some pretty amazing cigars.
My local shop just got in some Arturo Fuente Opus X Lost City's. I thought this would make a neat gift since he knows the story behind it. He has also expressed interest in the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway line. My budget is below $50.
Is this a good choice for him based on his tastes? Any other suggestions? I'm open to ideas so y'all hit me!
Thank you in advance for any and all responses

If it were me I'd go for a larger quantity of a damn good cigar like the Hemingways instead of the 1-2 Lost City's that $50 is going to buy you. Although he may get an initial thrill out of a single amazing cigar, he might also get much more enjoyment and pleasure out of 6 really good cigars and be turned on to something new going forward. That is, if it were me, but you probably know him better than I do.

That was my biggest hang up on buying such an expensive cigar, I'm glad someone else shares my thoughts

I'd suggest a few regular Hemingways and a few maduro ones if you can find some. And maybe an Anejo for good measure!

I'd love to see it in graph form, but the point of diminishing returns is probably well before the cost of a Lost City, or many other high end limited release Fuente cigars. Not that I don't personally own more than my fair share of them, but that's because I have a problem. :sign:

Maybe if you really want to wow him, get him one Lost City and a few of the Hemingway line cigars. That way he has a cigar for that special occasion, and a few "regular" smokes that he can really enjoy.

Another few cigar companies to check out would be Padron, La Aroma De Cuba, Tatuaje, Don Pepin, Alec Bradley. I know there are a lot more good ones out there, but my mind is not functioning properly right now.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. what does everybody feel about the value for money on hemmingways?
Any other cigars you think has better value for money?

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. what does everybody feel about the value for money on hemmingways?
Any other cigars you think has better value for money?

Personally, for less than five bucks a stick, I like Arturo Fuente 8-5-8's or Padron 2000's. A nice cutter would be a good idea also if he doesn't have one. Xicar, Palio or the tried and true Swiss Army.

Make that "Xikar", sorry.

Merry Christmas Tex!

He has a decent cutter so i think the final conclusion is an assortment of medium priced cigars. I think that will maximize the pleasure from the gift. If anybody comes up with any other suggestions I'm not goin anywhere hahahah

oh and merry christmas to you too!!!

Shoot puffstuff a PM and see if he has any of these left. A 5 pack puts you right at your budget, and it's a cigar you won't find anywhere else in the world.

Or maybe try hooking up with the next in line at the Newbie Sampler Trade thread over in the buy/sell/trade forum. May get a bit better bang for your $50.

I guess it all depends on what he smokes... Personally I love the lost city opus...they are a little pricey but they are a great smoke. A buddy of mine got me an opus shark a few years back off one of the sites that sell them for $125... If I knew he was gonna spen that much on one cigar I would have told him to get me ten WOAM's but his heart was in the right place. It's the thought that counts... I'm sure he'll love what ever you get him!!