• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to drink?

Vikder

What kinds of beverages do you guys like to drink while you smoke your cigars? I'm sure that this type of topic always gets thrown around every few months, but it sure is interesting to read. i've tried all of the following:

beer
rum
scotch
cognac
whiskey
soda
water
milk
orange juice
lemonade

To me the main stay in Coca-Cola. Now of course if i have some rum, scotch or cognac to put in the Coke then i'm in heaven :D but Coca-Cola to me is the main staple for my palette. How about y'all?

Vic

Vik...there is a whole section devoted to drinks in the Saloon Board. Go check that out. Rum and coke is my staple drink. Sometimes if I am going to be smoking one of those special cigars, I'll have some scotch or cognac. If I am drinking beer it will usually be Newcastle, Guiness, Samual Smiths Nut Brown, or maybe a Belgian Ale. I stay away from juice and milk. Sweet tea with lemon is what I drink if I am having a cigar and a fried fish sandwhich.

Emo

Diet Cola -- Sounds funny but the sweetness and carbonation peel the paste of your tongue and down your throat. (day cigars)

Michelob -- Always good

Port wines with those dessert cigars __ perdomo red label

??? robb

I don't know but I'm having a Heineken right now. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Tonight while I watch LSU stomp South Carolina it will be B. R. Cohn Cabernet Sauvignon Olive Hill Vineyard 1986. Not sure what the cigar will be, but likely a Fuente Cuban Belicoso (thanks Mpass).

Vik you should add coffee to your list. Coffee and certain cigars (Habanas mostly) really go well together - especially with strong coffee such as espresso or Cuban coffee.

A Kona coffee blend with a Montechristo vintage 93 cab.....Yummie! I had that MX10 cab with the last of my Kona blend this AM...The Monte starts out with a coffee/chocolate flavor...medium body medium strength. Towards the end it gets pretty nutty. Yum!

Emo

A cup of joe.... black and strong is always my favorite with a cigar!

But I also enjoy a cigar with....
beer
iced water
Diet Coke
chocolate milk (try this with a maduro cigar!)
various spirits (although not too often)

Aloha,

Wade

Coffee, Water, Rum, Canadian Whisky, Bloody Mary's, and a few other's spirited drinks but the one that I was hooked on at the LOL herf was Root Beer. Guys brought Root Beer from different parts of the country....OMG! It was awsome and really surprised me as to how good premium Root Beer taste with cigars. :thumbs:

Lets see here.

Iced tea
Ginger Ale
Dr. Pepper
Root beer
Cold beer :)
port
Bourbon
Scotch & Drambuie
Coffee
and last but not least water

Allofus123 said:
It was awsome and really surprised me as to how good premium Root Beer taste with cigars. :thumbs:
Kenny, not trying to be funny, i am seriously curious, what constitutes premium root beer? IBC or are there some seriously good root beers out there that you dont usually see in the coolers at the 7-11.

thank ya much, :D

Rootbeer??? Now I gotta try that. Sounds different. :thumbs:

Just picked up some Fonseca LBV 95 that I'm going to try with a WOA Maduro tonight after work! :D

I have seen some "Premo" RootBeer that was in a dark bottle with a wire flip over cork, cost about 3 or 4 bucks a bottle. Now I like RootBeer, but I dunno, if it costs that much a bottle, it better be really good. :sneaky: However, if I had had a bottle of that with the 858SG I smoked today(Thanks Devin), I think it would have been fantastic.