• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to smoke.....

Lee

Well, the family has left for the beach for a month and I am here, working. I thought I'd catch up on some cigar smoking since I'll have so much down time at home.

I already had a Deisel Corrosion on the way home from the beach today. Nice, strong smoke, great for driving and listening to some good old clasic rock on the radio! Hey Kenny, I even heard "China Grove" by the Doobie Brothers and laughed outloud thinking about your post!!

Anyhoo, I think I'll start the night with the second of the Robaina's so I can write my winning review later this week!! lmao

What should I have next? I think the drink of choice will be Dewer's on the rocks. What should I have with it? A Boli '98, Culebras, Punch Punch, WOA....There are too many too choose from and I need some help!

The person who convinces me to smoke the second stick, whatever it is, must present it in a creative way as to sell me on the idea. It won't be easy, so, use your imagination.

For the lucky winner, you will receive a nice assortment from my humidor. I will caution all that it's nothing like what you have seen in "other" contests on this board, but will be a nice package of premiums smokes.

I'll let this run for a day or two as I have the next few weeks of smoking pleasure to look forward to.

So, if you feel bored like I do, come out and play. If not, oh well, do whatever it is you do!

Post your ideas here as it should make for some good reading!

Game on! ;)

I'd smoke that crooked one. The culebra or however you spell it. Why? Because why else have an excuse to smoke something so crooked, something so strange, that you would go to jail if it weren't legal? Get it? Crooked... Crook... Oh forget it :p HHAAHAHAHAAAA

Or you could always have the Bloliv... But I'd save that until the day before the wife and kids come home, so you can savor and reflect on being single for a month LOL Make sure you savor that with a nice big red wine, the big steak dinner, medium rare, with some steak potatoes, and afterwards, scotch. Neat. With the Boliv. Oh hot damn, I think I'll do that one myself LOL

Don't smoke the Punch, you can have that anyday.

You need to smoke the WOA...no question ;) It fits you.

After all...Leebo...you are a "Work of Art"ROTFLMFAO :p :D :p

I don't know, I was saving that one for a special day........since it's so wierd looking, may be a good one to smoke at a party, when everyone's feeling good!! Good conversation cigar!

The Boli is one I have never had yet (isom anyway)
I couldn't sacrifice that one, it's the only one I have!! Gotta get another first.....

Well, that's a good start, the Punch Punch is a good one though.......I have smoked one before.....but I could go with the CAO Odyssey.......that's a nicely aged smoke, in it's own coffin....

Decisions, decisions......... :lookup:

Leebo8-9-8 said:
I don't know, I was saving that one for a special day...
Anyday you can get up and find time to enjoy a cigar is a special day. :D

I am a Jonnie Walker man myself Lee...But Dewars is a fine drink neat or on the rocks. How could a guy with hair like Kramer not smoke the Oddessy. Maybe it will curl it up some...Really though, the Oddessy will go great with Dewars! It provides bountiful rich and spicey smoke. Not a pepper spice, but a slightly earthy woodsy spice. The 2 will go hand in hand! Sit back and enjoy the piece and quiet my friend...

Emo
:thumbs:

diggity damn Emo, you just convinced me to go pick some of those coffin's...

WHOO HOOOOO

I'm a fan of Johnny too.. Big fan. Used to be such a fan he'd be smackin me around in the middle of the night asking me if I'd be his 'special friend'... Um, er.. Nevermind :p

:lookup:

Do it...I won this one in a contest...It was a great smoke!

Emo

I even pulled that one out today and looked at it! What a fine looking cigar it is, too!! They say these have been aged since '95, rosado wrapper, mmmmmmm.

Tempting Emo, very tempting........ ;)

I don't know how you guys drink Dewars and Johnnie Walker. My dad drinks j walker gold and dewars and a friend of his always drinks dewars and j walker black and he is always trying to get me to try it again promising this one is good. But I dont know what it is, I just dont like scotch. Maybe Ill grow into it... I prefer sambuca rocks with a nice cigar. The sambuca gives a very cool feel to your mouth, mixxed with the warm cigar smoke, mmmmm.... its awesome.

I have had cilled Sambuca many times, and I would say thiss...it wont make a Oddesy bad, but it doesn't do it justice...I would think a spicey cognac, whiskey wwould do the trick

Emo

Smoked one while sipping a glass of Rare Breed (damn you Skydivnekd for getting me hooked on this stuff! ;) ). Nice combination! :thumbs:

Okay, Emo won! I'm smokin that Odyssey tonight!

Emo, I'll get something to you in the near future!

Thanks guys! :D

A Good congnac or a scotch goes reat with a good cigar..merlot or port work well too!

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Okay, Emo won! I'm smokin that Odyssey tonight!

Emo, I'll get something to you in the near future!

Thanks guys! :D
Brother Lee.............I am on pins and friggen needles buddy.

So tell us how was the Odyssey man??????????

Enquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!

Big Mike, I'll let you in on a secret...Hoard these gars! Beautiful rosado wrapper...some people call Cameroon wrappers spicy, this was better than all that hype. Spicey without the pepper...Somewhat musty spice...I smoked mine on the dry side, would be better a little wetter...great burn, tons of smoke with a very very easy draw...much like the rest of the CAO line. The filler is the type that have no real strong flavors...but 5 diffeerent flavors all equally matched...none more evident than the other. Sit with a fine bottle of Scotch or Rye...this gar is very subtle with flavors that are inhanced with a fine libation.

Emo

By the way, I would love to find one in my pass...I would also like to know where I can find some at a good price.

It has been my experience thus far, that any cigar which comes in it's own little (or big, as in "A"s) coffin, is NOT going to be priced reasonably. However, Reasonably Priced is a very subjective statement.

CI has 'em for about 12.80 per, but only if you get a box of 10
Holts has em for 12.75 per in the same size package.
Uptowns gettin 12.70 (or 14.95 if you only want a single)
EGars has em for 12.50

, that's a little too stiff for me, but some might say, "Hell that's a good price" to any of those places. I plan to try one, but I gotta wait till I get a raise or something. :0

When I went to Ybor city to meet the boss, I arrived before she did. She asked if I saw anything interesting...I told her I found these for 15 a piece in cigar bar. Needless to say she was uninterested...I honestly think these are among the top of all non-ISOM's...IMO better than Opus or VSG...not so strong so the flavor is more appreciated...Thats my 2 cents.

Emo

$15 per, in a BAR? Don't sound bad At All to me. I would have expected at least $20 at Bar Prices. It sounds like it was worth the 15 my friend, it surely does.