• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What wrong tobacco purchases have you made?

Spearl

Turns out I am not into Latakia... I have 4 oz of Bald Headed Teacher and 2 oz of Westminister that I have shelved for possible later use. What tobacco purchases have you guys made that didn't pan out the way you expected?

Everyone talks about how great/retro OTC blends are. Well, I gave Carter Hall & a couple of others a shot and all I can say is....
wacko.gif
sick3qx.gif

Cornell & Diehl Crooner. I had a headache for three days after smoking that.

The only "codger blend" I like is Carter Hall. The others don't do a thing for me. I only smoke it in a cob, though.

I know some fine servicemen here in Kabul that would love to take that unwanted tobacco off your hands!

Cheers,

Tony

I guess one that I bought and really didnt agree with me was Royal Yacht!

Hmm, no real wrong purchases, but I did smoke my second bowl of SG Navy Flake and I still haven't figured out if I like it or not. I think it was packed way too wet, so this time I around a let a flake sit out for about 15 minutes before smoking it. Better, but next time I will dry it for at least an hour.

Samuel Gawith "Medium Virginia Flake". I have no idea why this left me cold since I do enjoy SG Full Virginia Flake but I tried one bowl and let it go 1/2 down then tried another a few days later - same thing. It's not even in the same neighborhood as FVF.

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. "Rum Flake". Atrocious - tasted like I was smoking cheap perfumed soap.

These were the only 2 out of about 75 tobaccos that I have tried in my short pipe smoking career that I really just didn't like at all. Not bad ratio-wise.

- Tim

P.S. I guess I'd say Mac Baren's "Cube" is on the cusp of being in the "me-no-likey" category too.

I didn't actually PURCHASE it, but I signed up at some Altadis sponsored forum, and they sent me five or six pouches of absolute CRAP!

I didn't actually PURCHASE it, but I signed up at some Altadis sponsored forum, and they sent me five or six pouches of absolute CRAP!

I have had four of those pouches for months now and haven't worked up the nerve to open one yet :laugh:

I have had four of those pouches for months now and haven't worked up the nerve to open one yet :laugh:

If you got Fox & Hound it's not bad. It's not especially good, but it's not bad. The others would offend even those with the most scatological sensibilities.

I've made the mistake of buying VA or Burley blends a few times. I try, but I just can't seem enjoy them. I'm hoping my tastes will change in the future.