• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's a good "brand name" cigar punch?

statelandman

I've never used a cigar punch, but I'm thinking about buying one. My brother-in-law says to get a good one, because a bad one is worse than, well, I guess I shouldn't repeat it in mixed company. ;)
So what's a good "brand name" punch that you recommend?
Thanks!

Xikar has s good one that is rather affordable. Davidoff has the best one that is not that affordable. :)

Ditto what Matt said. The Xikar punch works great and is a beautiful piece. Their guillotine is excellent as well.

I use a cheapie keyring one that I got for 7 bucks. I wouldnt use it on fine cigars, but for the my usual culprits it does the job. I have a casing from a 9mm that I filed to a nice cut. :thumbs:

Emo

I usually use a cutter, but I keep a punch on my key ring as well for those rare ocassions away from better tools. The best punch I ever had though is a 44 manum bullet punch I got off cigar bid. That thing is sooo sharp. Easily my best punch ever. (Said in my best Simpsons Comic Book Store Guy voice)

A cutter is the thing to have though. There is a nice group buy on Swiss Army Knife cutters currently in progress on this site. I cant wait to get mine.

I have an Avo Punch Cutter that works well and when you close the blade it pops out the cap. My buddy has a Xikar 007 and after using it I'm considering getting one.

Here's a pic of the Xikar

xi007.jpg

Aloha,

Wade

I'm also a Xikar cutter man but I always wanted to pick up a punch myself. I just might have to go with the Xikar 007. Thanks for the advise Brudda Wade. :thumbs:

I've checked out a bunch of sites that sell the Xikar, and the Xikar home site has better prices than any of the on-line retailers. This seems a little unusual to me. Normally the manufacturer keeps the price at retail and doesn't sell at a price below what his dealers are selling it for.

I've used an Avo punch almost exclusively since receiving it as a gift three years ago. It holds up well and has stayed sharp and as it is on my keychain it is always handy. For larger ring cigars I can punch twice for a nice draw.

Batmang

i sharpened a .357 mag casing and it works perfect.
it always pulls out the plug and the length gives
a good grip. :thumbs:

I have to agree... most sites seem to have higher prices than Xikar's online store.
But when I saw that the orders were fulfilled by Diebel's Sportsmen's Gallery, I ran down there to see if the prices were the same... They are, and I didn't have to pay or wait for shipping.