• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats a Nice Easy to Find Port

gibu

Hey, I would like to try some ports with my smokes but I'm not sure what to look for. I've only had one and that family size bottle of Wal-Mart special Fairbanks really didn't go over too well.

The special problem I face is that I just happen to live right square in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully something good can be found with out too much trouble.

Thanks.

Two that come to mind would be the Fonseca Bin 27 and Taylor Fladgate. I can find these at my local grocery store and if you have a Costco close by they carry several ports. Of the two, I prefer the Fonseca but they're both enjoyable with cigars.

Aloha,

Wade

I agree with Wade.

Fonseca Bin 27 should be fairly easy to find. I have had several bottle and all were good, but I'm beginning to find its a bit sweet for my liking and may look for something in a tawny port.

I've had a couple bottles of Taylor Fladgate LBV (Late Bottle Vintage) and thought it was pretty decent also.

I haven't had any port in awhile since I've been on this boubon bandwagon!
new_all_coholic.gif

Ditto on the Fonseca. Any liquor store should stock it.

Wascal said:
Shadow said:
Ditto on the Fonseca. Any liquor store should stock it.
That would be any liquor store except in Virginia. :(
Wascal what do you expect with the antiquated liquor laws that state has!

Personally I like Stone Hill Port... I'm not sure how easy it will be to find Stone Hill outside of the Missouri area though.

I was at a winery here in Clermont Florida pickin' up some champagne and other wines in preperation of my wedding. They carry a Port from thier sister winery from St. Augustine. It's called San Sebastian and it comes in it's own little decanter style flask. I picked up a bottle of it and it was reasonably priced for a Port.

Sandeman Founders Reserve is my top choice. About $13 in most liquor stores here in FL. Goes well with a flavorful cigar.

I like Port Galveston. I like going down there during spring break when all these young nimble things are wearing butt floss and ............. :0 Whoops!

Nevermind :lookup:

Pepe said:
Sandeman Founders Reserve is my top choice. About $13 in most liquor stores here in FL. Goes well with a flavorful cigar.
Got to agree on the choice Pepe, I get it here in Sam's Club about a buck cheaper. Very good for the price. :thumbs:

The Sandeman's AND the Fonseca are both GREAT! ! ! And not too hard on the wallet either. I love both of these ports, and with the right cigar (One that is lit....LOL) they are both WONDERFUL!!!

HAPPY SMOKES!!!!

MP gave me a bottle of Graham's 20 year tawny for my b'day. Now, tawny is usually not my favorite but this stuff is dynamite. Drinking this stuff without a cigar should be against the law.