• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today? 2016

Boswell Christmas Cookie in a cob

Was always curious about this blend but never do find myself ordering any. I've heard from multiple people that it is a fantastic aro.

Enjoyed a bowl of C&D Da Vinci this evening as I sat out in the cool night air.

Boswell's cherry cobbler in my meerschaum bowled pipe (I forgot the maker) while sitting in my living room sipping beer.

I enjoyed a bowl of '08 Peretti Cambridge Flake last night. The eight years have smoothed it out nicely. Diggin' through some old jarred stuff in the recesses of the cellar. I also tried some SG Golden Glow from the same year. Sweet!

Was always curious about this blend but never do find myself ordering any. I've heard from multiple people that it is a fantastic aro.

Enjoyed a bowl of C&D Da Vinci this evening as I sat out in the cool night air.

Boswell CC is one of the few aromatics I smoke, it smells good, taste good and has a great room note. You couldn't go wrong with and order.

Smoking some C&D Black Frigate in a cob and probably some Escudo later.

I need to get some. Keep forgetting. I love it plain, or I add some genuine Perique.
It does make a great "base" tobacco. I use a variety of VAs, too. Also considering a purchase as the colder weather is already moving in. Maybe some Orientals, Golden Glow, and some condiment tobacco's.
I've been curious about FM Across the Pond, too. Many seem to really like it and I still long for the old Syrian-type English blends. ;)

Went to a Stokkebye pipe event at my local on Thursday evening. Erik Stokkebye was there with all kinds of pipes and free tobacco samples. Tried a number of his blends but I have to say my favorite was the 1882 english blend. Very very good.

I smoked a Tsuge blend in the churchwarden last night. It was quite nice while walking in the ugly weather.

Smoking a bowl of Frog Morton on the Bayou in my bent Savinelli before heading out for work.

I'm back to trying out this pipe thing now that the weather has gotten too cold for me to enjoy sitting outside for the time it takes to enjoy a cigar. I have a bunch of stuff I picked up last year but never sampled. Earlier this week I tried Sutliff's Divine English. And for the first time I smoked a good half bowl with only a single relight. I'm still learning the whole magic of packing and puffing. I really enjoyed the natural sweetness of this blend. Very pleasant room note as well. Beats the pantsa off of any of the aromatics I've tried.

Directly counter this to the Sutliff was my first try of Dunhill's Nightcap. Now I like medium to full bodied cigars, but I think this blend might be too full-bodied for me. I felt like I was smoking a wet campfire. I've had this one stored in a mason jar for a good year and it burned just fine. Heavy latakia blends may not be my thing right now. I'll try it again eventually, but right now I think I'll let this one sit.

I tried Sutliff's Divine English
I've often wondered if a light english is a better type of tobacco for a Cigar smoker to try early on.
As your palate adjusts, you might find that you like Virginia or VaPer blends.
I'm pretty sure that a very famous Pipe and Cigar smoker (Doc ;)) once told me that (paraphrased) it was not uncommon for a pipe smoker to eventually wind up being a VA and VaPer smoker.
I found that true of myself, and a lot of pipe smoking friends. All of us started with English Blends. I didn't like VAs or VaPers at all when I started. Now, they are what I smoke 99% of the time.

I need to go through my stock to see what I own that may qualify as a VA or VaPer.

When I migrated over to smoking pipes almost exclusively, Virginias and VaPers were my favorite from the start. You have to smoke them slow and pay attention to your palate, though.

True to form, now smoking some Hal 'O The Wynd in a Ferndown.

And someone needs to start a 2017 thread =D