• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your signature line?

Golfanatic

The Biggest Newbie on CP
Good evening. I was looking for some inspiration for my signature line here. I have seen everything from funny quotes from here, pictures, to those flashy bars supporting your favorite things (sports teams, cigar brands, boobs, etc.)

I am curious as to what are some of the funniest or most clever signature lines so can change mine.

Does one go funny or cigar themed? Insipational or life lesson?

Please post the best ones you have seen here.

Here is an idea to start this off..."Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

They way I see it you could go 2 ways with this...

The epic over hyped user-bar (I can provide you with a solid lead on a Red-Bull one if you like) or maybe the Atlanta Braves...

Or...

You could come up with some clever quip or personal statement. PM SweetMelissa, I am sure she has an idea or two on the matter :D

Mine is in tribute to one of the greatest Brothers CP has ever seen, Infinity. You weren't around to know what he was about, but there were plenty of us that were lucky enough to be touched by his generosity and the way he lived. His name was Brian also and he always referred to me as #2, thus my sig tag. It has been there for well over a year and a half now even though he's only been gone since Thanksgiving. The picture is what he had as his sig tag and I keep it there as a tribute and memory to a great friend.

He's got a woman on his mind it seems, in a literal sense.

Also I am a hedonist.

You don't have to choose just one way to go. Many people have a couple of funny quotes from the board, and a serious quote as well. Userbars are overrated, but it is a good way to show brand/sports pride. Also, our esteemed, passed brother Infinity had (from what I've seen) quite a few different graphics showing the infinity symbol, and many of us have photoshop-ed them into our avatars and added them to our sigtags in tribute.

If you look at my tag, "Hey Now" is Howard Stern's signature radio greeting to callers, and I have somehow started picking it up myself. NullSmurf's quotes are my satirical way of saying that the accusatory nature of the board lately is starting to irk me. (Let's stay on topic here, board politics is not the topic of this thread.) I also have an animated userbar that tells a few things about me. I am a Coca-Cola, Alienware, Don Pepin, Guinness and Adidas whore.

In the end, the best advice is to be yourself. Think of a quote that actually resonates with you, find a funny quote from the board that you find particularly appealing for one reason or another, or if you feel so inclined, even do nothing, if that's what fits.

Mine changes all the time. Right now it's an icon from a parody site, and some viking beserker gifs. Before that it was a B&W photo of Jessica Alba on her "Dark Angel" motorcycle.

When I first joined, it was a racy cigar gal. Rod asked me to remove it. I looked around at all the avatars and sigs that showed way, WAY more in other members' posts . . . and replaced it with a cigar smoking nun. :whistling:

Had my Newbie War badge up for awhile, but I took it down when the war ended. Not one to parade around in uniform just 'cuz I'm a vet! :laugh:

Like my avatar, my sig changes whenever I find something I like better.

~Boar

My collection just sort of evolved and reflects my pack rat tendencies. I haven't gotten rid of anything except my war badges. The user bars show pride (or bragging, depending on your point of view) in my city, car, and sports team. The first quote reflects how I try to treat everybody. Not always successful there, unfortunately. The second came about in reaction to some unpleasantness that was happening on the board a while ago. The third is a quote from one of my all time favorite mindless movies. The sig tag is because Gary made me laugh. The quote under my avatar is our unofficial office motto.

As was stated by others, you should use whatever has meaning to you. It's an individual statement and representation, not a vote for the most popular thing contest.

Whatever you decide, please try to keep it reasonable size wise. Some of the signatures around here have gotten out of hand with the size and scope of what's there. I thought there used to be some sort of size guideline in the area where you create it, but I don't see it. Just remember, not everybody has a 21 inch wide screen monitor.

Mine exhibits clear evidence that I :love: Opus, I drink my Guinness, and do such in the spirit of living life to the fullest. That being said, I honor my good friend Brian, live by the wisdom of Neal, and Brent's e-penis is bigger than all of ours... :sign:

Mine is self explanatory, although I don't post to Tumblr much anymore. I agree with Alan that some are quite out of hand, I believe Rod had some guidelines for size at one point.

Mine is some really sound advice tucked neatly inside a humorous statement. I also Shill for CRA, because I believe we need their help.

I always thought mine was self-explanatory.

Doc.

Whatever you decide, please try to keep it reasonable size wise. Some of the signatures around here have gotten out of hand with the size and scope of what's there. I thought there used to be some sort of size guideline in the area where you create it, but I don't see it. Just remember, not everybody has a 21 inch wide screen monitor.

I have signatures turned off, for this reason.

These are great everyone and thanks for the advice. I will wait until I find the perfect item/phrase/link/picture that describes me.

When we had the chat room way back when... we got into a discussion about life and women and MadMonk said something that literally made me spit my drink out so I had to save it for mine. I also threw in a userbar from one of the newbie wars, something I was proud to take part in, and also a pretty standard cigar quote from Churchill that I heard Harry Kalas during a Phillies game.