• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on Your Easter Menu?

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Happy Easter! For the second year in a row...no lamb for Easter dinner. I feel like such a heathen. My kids won out again.

For starters we have all the Italian appetizers...fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, provolone cheese, antipasto salad, hard sausages, marinated olives, and bruschetta on baked garlic Italian bread. Then I'm making his fresh tomato thing I never made before (sliced tomatoes marinated in balsamic vinegar, roasted in the oven for 7 minutes, then topped with sauteed baby spinach in garlic & shredded mozzarella cheese and melted), onion dip in the pumpernickel bread, and deviled jalapeno eggs. Then it's a spiral cut honey baked ham with a few side dishes...glazed orange carrots, Tuscan style roasted asparagus...creamed red potatoes & peas....and of course, eggplant parm. Then an orange ricotta cake for desert that I'm about to make now,...along with a giant mound of a chocolate mousse cake.

Believe it or not, I cut way back this year...but after I just wrote this, it still seems like a lot!

Halibut cheeks for us.  A rare delicacy unless you catch them yourself.

Being I'm not a lazy Southern Italian we're having roast leg of lamb and ham. :cool:

Hmmm...wife isn't home, so I'm not really cooking for anyone else. I had sloppy joes and french fries?

-Trey

Prime rib on the new grill. Not to mention dozens of finger foods and a few growlers of local brew. Its shaping up to be a great day over at the outlaws house.

Almost time to fire up the grill... And grad another smoke!
d68becd2a88fe7b21fa6d3e4a0d4ea61.jpg

We usually do a ham or lamb depending on which family cooks. This year though we went the easy route and burned a couple of steaks on the grill while the little one did her Easter egg hunt.

Wow Gary and Paul! Nicely done gentlemen. Kona, I hope that everything is okay with you.

This is what I made yesterday. Yesterday was the second time I used the BGE. I was able to perfectly control my desired temperature  unlike my first time.
IMG_20150405_200020_zps4eijbaxh.jpg

I should have taken pictures, but I made pork tenderloin three ways...1 pounded, dusted with flour and herbs and sauteed...2 oven herb roasted (made a taragon mustard cream sauce for the first 2)....3 grilled with homemade glaze of brown sugar, spices and bourbon my personal favorite.  Dinner for 40 as my wife is from a family of 9 children so anything we do has a large contingent.