• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats the longest time you have gone without....

Great King Rat

I was just wondering if you guys take a break once in while. I am trying to cut back to 3 a week. However, I cannot handle it. All day I am thinking what I am going to smoke. Also, forums like this do not help either.

I did quit cigs cold turkey 5 months ago and I still do not know how I did that.

I quit smoking cigars last april and haven't smoked since. I just started getting back into it, although I haven't smoked anything yet. I'm savin up for a box of something. So it's been 6 months plus however long itll be before I can afford so more smokes :)

Well I was thinkin bout getting some el rey del mundos..the robusto larga to be exact.

I had a few on my list to get:
AF Cuban Beli SG
ERDM Robusto larga
ERDM Robusto
Flor de ybor city beli SG

Was just gonna go down the line, but saving is a little slow right now.

Great King Rat said:
What are you saving up for.

Do you have your address listed... Hint. :rolleyes:
[snapback]242793[/snapback]​

I'm saving up for a box of 1997 Esplendidos... Hint. :rolleyes:

Nice list GG...

I do like the ERDM maddies. Good smoke for the price.

Did you pickup on the Hint...

Great King Rat said:
Nice list GG...

I do like the ERDM maddies. Good smoke for the price.

Did you pickup on the Hint...
[snapback]242808[/snapback]​

yea got the addy in the profile now, thanks for the hint :)

I went the month of June this year just because. Your are right, GKR, the first couple days that is all you think about. But I really don't want to be addicted to anything but cigar forums so I go without occasionally.

Commuting is where I do most of my smoking so that is the hardest place to refrain.

I went for nearly a year once - when I gave up the booze - and then one day started again and never looked back. It wasn't until I started smoking without being drunk off my a$$, that I began to appreciate the art and beauty of cigars - boy, that sounds a little mushy :blush:

Once had to quit for a month due to a sinus infection, other than that it has been 365 for years.

I'm currently in the longest dry spell since I started smoking a few years ago. I make it six weeks this Sunday. Not a conscious abstinence, just haven't had the time or opportunity lately.

I think the most time was like 2 weeks, And it was just cause i didnt have the time (too much school assignments). I like to smoke when studying, but that time I had to spend most of the time in school and in the labs, and i usually dont smoke in school.

I take a break every few weeks for about a week, ok so more like 5 days. Of course during this time I sort my smokes constantly and lay out a battle plan for what to smoke next :).

I had to quit for nearly a year after a heart attack and a triple bypass in late 2003. (Yeah, I'm old. :D ) The GF "helpfully" tossed my stash (she could have at least given them to one of my smoking buddies) so I wouldn't be tempted. I was also a pack-a-day cigarette smoker at the time, but I didn't miss those at all.

Finally, the cardiologist admitted that a few sticks a week wouldn't kill me--he's a HdM smoker himself--and I've been a happy puffer ever since. Never went back to the cigarettes, though.

And yes, my current collection is under lock and key just in case someone tries to "help" me after the next MI.

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

Edited for clumsy typing.

sduke said:
I had to quit for nearly a year after a heart attack and a triple bypass in late 2003. (Yeah, I'm old. :D ) The GF "helpfully" tossed my stash (she could have at least given them to one of my smoking buddies) so I wouldn't be tempted. I was also a pack-a-day cigarette smoker at the time, but I didn't miss those at all.

Finally, the cardiologist admitted that a few sticks a week wouldn't kill me--he's a HdM smoker himself--and I've been a happy puffer ever since. Never went back to the cigarettes, though.

And yes, my current collection is under lock and key just in case someone tries to "help" me after the next MI.

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

Edited for clumsy typing.
[snapback]243355[/snapback]​

Hope that stash wasn't a very exspensive one.... I'd a killed her dead.

I usually quit for about 10 hours every night. :laugh: I laugh but it's true. Usually have a short one on the way to the office.