• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's With That House" on HGTV

lmno1

Hi guys,

Cigarpass has become a regular place for me to visit when talking about scotch and pipe tobacco. But like the first time I posted on these boards, I've got a work related question for ya.

I work for LMNO TV, a reality/documentary production company. Long story short, we're looking for houses to be on our show "What's With That House." The show is currently on HGTV. It's basically about houses that are different, unique, wacky, amazing, and that stand out in the neighborhood.

I'm posting here because I have talked with some of you guys about other stuff, and I thought I'd see if anybody could help out.

you just do ones planted in the ground or will you do the occasional motor home. I want to see Infinity's mobile crib!

Interscape -- Very nice. Thanks. Somewhere on that site are pictures of the exterior, or maybe I just missed it. BTW, that's a great website to search for another TV show I'm working on.

Null Smurf -- I don't think we've ever done a trailer on the show, but if it stands out from the rest, it could work.

Thanks guys. Keep em coming if you have ideas. Much appreciated.

Interscape -- Very nice. Thanks. Somewhere on that site are pictures of the exterior, or maybe I just missed it. BTW, that's a great website to search for another TV show I'm working on.

Null Smurf -- I don't think we've ever done a trailer on the show, but if it stands out from the rest, it could work.

Thanks guys. Keep em coming if you have ideas. Much appreciated.

The outside

My house needs some siding and new windows. If you want to do a before and after, I'm your guy! I am in Litchfield county, CT.

My house needs some siding and new windows. If you want to do a before and after, I'm your guy! I am in Litchfield county, CT.

We do another show called "Over Your Head" about people who start projects, but can't finish them. then we go in and...finish them! I'd say start to put on the siding, wait 8 months until your wife is really mad, then ask to be on the show:)

I remember your earlier threads. I cannot help you out (live in an apartment and will for a few more years), but I am looking forward to seeing your shows. Make sure that you keep us updated...

ALostTexan

There's a pretty neat place at the end of my street in the Atlanta neighborhood of Home Park. The neighborhood was built mostly in the 30s, as housing for employees of the nearby Atlantic Steel Mill. It's also adjacent to Georgia Tech. As the Steel Mill slowly died over the decades, the housing was largely repurposed into student housing. In the last 10 years, though, it's become an attractive intown neighborhood, with a lot of Craftman bungalows that are still in pretty good condition. That's why I chose it. In the last two years they've opened Atlantic Station, built on the old Atlantic Steel site. It's full of highrises, shopping, theaters, condos, a really neat place.

Anyway, being such an old neighborhood, there are very few empty lots to build on. Lately, there've been some teardowns, as prices have gone up, but generally, there hasn't been a lot of new construction. Back in '96, one guy found an odd shaped lot available for cheap, because it was considered undevelopable, due to the triangle shape, the odd elevation, and the zoning strictures that don't allow building on more than 50% of the soil footprint.

So he built a tree house.

The guy who built it doesn't live there anymore, but it's still a pretty neat place.

Because we're so close to Georgia Tech and their architecture program, there are actually severally interesting buildings nearby. Right up the street from this tree house is a 3 story modern-style loft with stainless steel siding all around. It's VERY eye-catching, and there've actually been several hip-hop videos done at that house.

Right across the street from the Tree House is an odd, non-descript bunker looking building with no signage or windows that you can see through. At all hours of the night you'll see limos and Bentley's pulling up and letting people out. It's also sided in stainless steel. You wouldn't know it from the outside, but inside is Patchwerk Studio, one of the country's premier hip-hop studios.

Thanks everyone.

Kevpriest, that info was very helpful. We're actually filming in Atlanta in a few weeks. I forwarded the info to one of our What's With That House researchers.