• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Arturo Fuente Hemingway to get?

moki

el Presidente
I'd like to pick up a box of Arturo Fuente Hemingway's, because I've had good experiences with their Opus X, and because I enjoyed the funky nib you light it from on other cigars. The question is, which of the Arturo Fuente Hemingway's would be the best choice to pick up?

I'm looking for something medium to strong bodied in a cigar, a decent size gauge (48 and up), and 5" or longer. Anyone who has any experience with these cigars, which are the most interesting in taste?

Here is a list for you to choose from:

Hemingway (E3’s Sunset Club)

Best Seller 5x43

Between the Lines 5x54

Classic 7x48

In-Between the Lines 8x54

Masterpiece 9x52

Short Story 4x49

Signature 6x47

Untold Story 7.5x53

Work Of Art 4.875X54

If I had the choice, I'd have to go with #1 - WOA Maduro, #2 - Untold Story (If you can find a box), and my 3rd choice as the Classic (most likely the easist to locate a box of). Don't take me worng though, I'd love to have a box of any of the ones listed above..... :D :thumbs: :p

Are those "between the lines" any good? The prices I've seen for them are outrageous -- over $40 a stick...

moki said:
Are those "between the lines" any good? The prices I've seen for them are outrageous -- over $40 a stick...
The BTLs are a great ceegar but $40 a piece is quite steep. I've seen them in the $15 - $16 range around here in the Orlando area when they are in. I haven't seen them since last spring when I did pick a handfull and still have a couple sleeping in one of my humis.... :D :thumbs: :p

moki said:
I'd like to pick up a box of Arturo Fuente Hemingway's, because I've had good experiences with their Opus X, and because I enjoyed the funky nib you light it from on other cigars. The question is, which of the Arturo Fuente Hemingway's would be the best choice to pick up?

I'm looking for something medium to strong bodied in a cigar, a decent size gauge (48 and up), and 5" or longer. Anyone who has any experience with these cigars, which are the most interesting in taste?
For ease of availablity and price I would suggest the Hemingway Short Story. They can be had for around $112/box of 25 shipped

stogieman said:
If I had the choice, I'd have to go with #1 - WOA Maduro, #2 - Untold Story (If you can find a box), and my 3rd choice as the Classic (most likely the easist to locate a box of). Don't take me worng though, I'd love to have a box of any of the ones listed above..... :D :thumbs: :p
hmm... I think it's possible I may have found a box of Untold Story Maduro's... did some more research, and from some of the reviews I've seen, it seems like I might enjoy the taste.

moki said:

With what you are requesting here and your size preference, it limits you to really only 3 sizes in the Hemingway line.

1. Untold Story
2. Masterpiece
3. Classic

The UTS IMO is probably the best of the lot there and if you can find it in Maduro - go for it! However it is also the most expensive of the lot.

The Masterpiece is easier to find but only come 10 to a box. Again if you can find Maduro go with that.

The Classic is the easiest to find and not bad in price, so may be your best choice if you want something between price and quanity.

Good luck and let us know - some people may want to try and mooch off ya! :p :thumbs:

Sam

SamGuss said:
Good luck and let us know - some people may want to try and mooch off ya! :p :thumbs:
Mooching is fully allowed and expected. ;)

I ordered a box of the Untold Story Maduro's... I'm a little skeptical that they actually have them in stock though, despite their web site stating that they do. Many times when I've found "hard to find" cigars listed for sale, despite the transaction going through, I get an email saying "uh, we don't have any of these right now..."

Cross your fingers...

Good news! For a sufficiently outrageous price (though less than what they are being sold for individually here), I was able to get a whole sealed box of these Arturo Fuente Hemingway Untold Story Maduro's.

Thanks for everyone's input, I'm much obliged.

25 of these puppies are being whisked my way today (I imagine they won't show up until next week though). I'll cordon off 5 of 'em for people here who care to mooch (maybe more, depending on how I like 'em). Send me back something you think I'll like, and we'll call it even.

untold_story_m.jpg

Well sheesh, so much for a "normal" Hemingway. :p

Building quite a collection there, aren't ya? With these, the Padrons and Anejos... I'd say "wanna trade humis?" :D

Nice choice. Beware of moooooooooochers. Haha...

vewyphishy said:
Well sheesh, so much for a "normal" Hemingway. :p

Building quite a collection there, aren't ya? With these, the Padrons and Anejos... I'd say "wanna trade humis?" :D

Nice choice. Beware of moooooooooochers. Haha...
Beware yourself. It's possible that you might find one of these winging their way to you unannounced, and uninvited. :)

IF you post that Padrón 1926 review, that is ;)

SamGuss said:
Send your addy to me in PM - I'll get ya out something ;)

Sam
Just PM your address... don't send anything until the Untold Story(s?) arrive, because I don't know when the shipment will get to my door.

stogieman said:
In-Between the Lines 8x54
This isnt a reg production cigar, right??

I heard these were unreleased......

Ohhhh, how I wanted to try one and came up with nothing.

So I thought I would make sure.

Moki - If you wanna do a trade. AIP bro! I'll make it worth your while ;)

Phil

Phil said:
Moki - If you wanna do a trade. AIP bro! I'll make it worth your while ;)
Sure thing. Drop me a PM with your address. :)

No he won't! He'll hit you back with cheap sticks like VSGs and Anejos... and these crummy ones from some island just south of miami. Gah, who would want those lawn sticks?!?

:sign:

Good lookin pack of Mokes Moki!!

Makes me want to (in my 3 yr olds voice) Moke a Tigar! :D