• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which bottle of Scotch would you buy?

Well of course the Balvenie 15 isn't the same. First it is single barrel which means that it will be different from barrel to barrel and has no finish in sherry casks, just bourbon casks. I probably drink more Balvenie 15 then anything else and like it ALOT!

Agreed. I just polished off a bottle of the Balvenie 15. It's a very different pour than the Doublewood. I'm a big Doublewood fan, but I prefer the 15.

Love the Doublewood, the Portwood is exceptional. But being that price is a consideration...

I have to toss in my nickles worth on the Balvenie, I'm not thrilled with the Doublewood at any price, and own several spare bottles of the 15 year old single barrel.

But bang buck, since I've bothered to taste test against a budget, the best surprise has been the Aberlour 15.

Considering I'd buy it any day over the Macallan 12, and it's less than half the price of the 18 and darn *near* as good.. .. shame they don't have any where I can reach it.

Of those listed, the Balvenie is the way to go.

I'm suprised everyone is saying they like Glenfiddich better than Glenlivet. I've not had the 12yr old in either of them in so long that I doubt I could remember, but to my taste the Glenlivet 18 beats the crap out of Glenfiddich 30. I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of either though. My favorite scotch at any price is Glenmorangie 12yr Portwood, but its about twice the cost of those you've listed. But its a freaking great cigar scotch.

Jorge Padron agrees!

MeAndJorge40ths.jpg