• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Connie do you prefer

gtphale

newbie at heart
I picked up a bundle of No. 17 Superior maduro's,two out of the three have been very good. One was a little harsh,not sure if its how fast I smoked it or just a bad cigar. But over all I have to give these cigars a big thumbs up.

Which is your guys favorite cause I want to pick p another bundle.

I just ordered the No.111 Maduros. The No.111's are the hardest to find. they sell out in a matter of 2 hours whenever JR gets them in stock.

the one I married... ;)

seriously, I haven't tried them yet. I hope to be able to, soon.
any recommendations in about a corona size?

I have both #9 maduros and #25 naturals. I prefer the #25, but I'm kinda getting tired of connies actually.

the #163 maduro is very good once you let them dry out, jr keeps all their gars pretty wet. the 84 or 843 are fantastic, if you can get them. ymmv! :cool:

I bought a bundle a few months ago of the robusto maduro (don't remember the #) I had the same problem. Every other smoke was crap. Still good but I've found better for a little more $$

Here's a great connie link CLICK

Thanks, Shibumi. I've been looking for something like that.

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

I like the #9 maddies and usually keep some on hand for when I need a yard gar or a friend who generally doesn't smoke wants one, or if I'm gonna be drinkin' and I know I'm gonna want to smoke something but probably won't have the faculties to fully appreciate it! They're a nice cheap smoke and seem worth the money to me for the occasional hassle of getting a bad one.

Oh so that one that I smoked was probably just that a bad one. How many like that usually come in a bundle.One or two? For that price I can deal with it. It wasn't horrible just not as good as the other three I have smoked.

I bought a bundle of the #15s a couple weeks ago. The first one I pulled out was rolled so badly it made me laugh. I sorted them out into an old box I had with the best ones on the bottom. I use the term "best" loosely, all of them looked pretty bad.

I have smoked 5-6 so far, all have been poorly constructed but until last night they were OK for a dollar cigar. The one I smoked last night could turn you off cigars for life. I tasted lawn clippings and garbage.

I suppose I will try another in a few days....

Time is a big factor with them. The longer they sat the better they got. Even just a month or two. I would imagine, if they had some serious age they would be fantastic (for a $1).

Last night I was looking for a relatively short smoke (and nothing great since I had already smoked a good cigar earlier) so I reached for a Connie. It's been a while since I've had one, but I do have to admit, at just a little over a buck it was pretty decent.

By the way, it was a #9 maduro and it was in my humi for about 8 months.