• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which country to buy in?

rflook

Hi there,

Got a burning question about where to buy cigars from and their relative prices.

I was in Portugal last year and bought 25 H Upmann Corono Minors for about 82 euros (£65), which i thought was bloody good. Recently my boss went to Spain (another cheap cigar country i thought) and i asked him to bring back some nice cigars from duty free. The same box of 25 was apparently 130 euros (£102) when my boss looked at getting them from the airport (in duty free). Looking online for reputable UK dealers the same box again costs £170+, like im going to pay that if i can get it elsewhere cheaper. Looking at an American site i saw the same box again for about $150 (£75) - which is pretty cheap being as i thought they were epxensive in the US.

So it brings me to the question where is a good place on your travels to obtain cigars (other than im guessing cuba).

You can't buy Cuban cigars in the US. The Upmans you saw are from the DR. It's how we Americans annoy Fidel.

Doc.

Hi there,

Got a burning question about where to buy cigars from and their relative prices.

I was in Portugal last year and bought 25 H Upmann Corono Minors for about 82 euros (£65), which i thought was bloody good. Recently my boss went to Spain (another cheap cigar country i thought) and i asked him to bring back some nice cigars from duty free. The same box of 25 was apparently 130 euros (£102) when my boss looked at getting them from the airport (in duty free). Looking online for reputable UK dealers the same box again costs £170+, like im going to pay that if i can get it elsewhere cheaper. Looking at an American site i saw the same box again for about $150 (£75) - which is pretty cheap being as i thought they were epxensive in the US.

So it brings me to the question where is a good place on your travels to obtain cigars (other than im guessing cuba).

???

You live in the UK, right?

Well then, the world is your oyster. Start searching online for European vendors. Spain is definitely a good place to buy from but do your homework, every country
has it's good and bad vendors.

I'm guessing that you wll find Cuban cigars a lot cheaper than NC's. The US market is the NC's domain, more so than Europe who tend to lean more towards Cuban's.

Good luck.

Brian