• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which is better?

Triple_D

Triple_D
Which is better the BBF's or the VR Unicos? And one more question while I'm at it, what's the difference between the BBF and the BBF SLG?
Thanks

Don't know if you can say one is better than the other as they have different flavor profiles. SLG ? If you mean SLB, it's sliding lid box as opposed to the dress box. SLB is a cabinet style box, all cedar, meant for long term storage.

I've never had the Unicos, but the BBF (Bolivar Belicoso Fino) is outstanding, generally speaking- quite strong. Its not for the timid (imho).

I've never had the VR Unicos- but I'd love to try one... The Famosa which I have had, are very very good...one of my fav's.

As for the SLB issue, what I've been told, the order of quality sticks go from

Cabs of 50
SLB 50's or 25's
Dress box of 25
Tubos

Something like that- I'm sure others will chime in on this issue.

Which is better? I'd give my nod to the BBF, depending on the year. I haven't enjoyed BBFs from 00-01 time period. 02-03 are better for me. I think you'll have a little more spice on the BBF, compared to the Unicos. So that would be my preference.

I'm not a big VR fan, unless it's a VR DA and I have an hour to enjoy it.

They are both good cigars. If you like strength go for the BBF. If you like more flavor in a medium strength stick go for the Unicos.

Toaster said:
As for the SLB issue, what I've been told, the order of quality sticks go from

Cabs of 50
SLB 50's or 25's
Dress box of 25
Tubos
I agree with that 100% toaster.

As for wich is better,

BBF is a spicy smokes as everyone has allready said

and the VR unico's are a nice smoke from VR, IMO not quite as flavorfull as they could be but maybe that is jsut the years that I have had.

PHil

In addition to everything posted thus far. I think that the BBF's have a tremendous upside for ageing. And I have yet to like one younger than 3 y/o or so. The VR's I have had seem to be very tastey young. 98 is the oldest I have had. So I guess it is like comparing grapefruits and oranges. Very few similarites.

Emo

I screwed up, I meant to put SLB but you guys figured that out quick ;) Everything said above makes me want the BBF's with the exception of
I think that the BBF's have a tremendous upside for ageing. And I have yet to like one younger than 3 y/o or so
I do have patience but not 3 yrs worth :p

Well then get a box of each! Enjoy the VR (milder cigar) while waaiting for the BBF to mature.

Easier said than done I know---- Want some help?

Robbmt said:
Well then get a box of each! Enjoy the VR (milder cigar) while waaiting for the BBF to mature.

.....Want some help?
TFF! :D :sign:

Your CP brothers are here for ya.... ROFLMAO! :p

BTW, add my vote to the BBF!

BBF :thumbs:

The 2003s are showing great promise. Good cigar now, with some aging it should be a great cigar!

How about this one: Which is better (or what's the difference b/t) the RyJ Churchill and the Prince of Wales? They are the same size.

Sorry Duane, I can't offer any help on that one as RyJ's are not on my "favorite" list. I had a bad experience with a plugged Churchill once and as a result, I don't look favorably on them :(

Prince of Wales were discontinued in 2002 according to MRN and he claims they are milder, 2/5 on his scale vs a Churchill which he rates as a 4/5 as far as strength.

The labels are different, the PofW have the red & white labels while the Churchills have the black & gold color scheme.

Well that does help me out. I like the strength of the Churchill so I will probably stick with it. It just baffled me to see two different RyJ's at the same size with different names.