• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who does Al think he is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauiJim

Yesterday Al Gore demanded that Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, George Tenet and more to resign their positions. He also wants the president to condem Rush Limbaugh. Who doe he think he is, why are the democrats so scared of Rush??
And when did the Geneva Convention pertain to the treatment of terrorists?? Al Gore said we weren't following it in regard to the prisoners.

With people like Gore, Kennedy, Polosi and Kerry leading the Democratic party, it is no wonder people deny to being a liberal.

Politics aside.........wasn't that a commencement speach at NYU?

If so, the guest/keynote speaker, regardless of political affiliation, should not use the platform of a college graduation to try and make headlines. No class. Can't say it enough.

M. Gipson

It's no wonder hardly anyone will admit to either. I agree/disagree with both on the major issues. Call me, and I truly believe, anyone who looks at the "big picture", and splits on the biggies..... An American with a vote. :thumbs:

Poor AlGore :(

Isn't Florida a great place :D

If he'd only won his home state of Tennessee and if only Ralph Nader didn't take all Gore's votes in New Hampshire.

I'm so sad............... :sign:

I would like to know what those poor students where thinking as they sat there listening to him. I know this would've been MY thought...

"I didn't work my ass for 4 years, put myself $100,000 into debt, so I can sit here on the happiest day of my life and listen to this ass clown spew his political self-righteousness. Oh... and I think that the dean is f*cking hot!!!"

:p

Honestly, what he said is no different then wht the Republicans do to DEmo's. It is ****ty politics that both sides participate in.

Emo

emodx said:
Honestly, what he said is no different then wht the Republicans do to DEmo's. It is ****ty politics that both sides participate in.

Emo
emo, it's not WHAT he said... but WHERE he said it.

Commencement speech is a time to congradulate students on a job well done. I know I appreciated my key speaker's jokes far more than his personal opinions on global warming and the bull market. :)

vewyphishy said:
...it's not WHAT he said... but WHERE he said it.
Absolutely!

Both sides take shots. That is the nature of our system and the current political climate. But, turning a college commencement speech into your own personal tyrade is ridiculous.

Besides, Gore is still PMSing because Clinton did not endorse him (AND he's still married to Pointer....errrr Pinner....errrr Spinner ....errr Tupperware........errrr whatever that nag's name is).

M. Gipson

vewyphishy said:
emodx said:

Emo

Commencement speech is a time to congradulate students on a job well done. I know I appreciated my key speaker's jokes far more than his personal opinions on global warming and the bull market. :)
It isn't where he said it, it is who paid for him to speak. He didn't speak out of the graciousness of his heart. Some one paid for his point of view. In that sense, he is not at fault. You pay a politician, and they politic. You pay a sports player, and he comments on sports. You get what you pay for.

Emo

emodx said:
vewyphishy said:
emodx said:

Emo

It isn't where he said it, it is who paid for him to speak. He didn't speak out of the graciousness of his heart. Some one paid for his point of view. In that sense, he is not at fault. You pay a politician, and they politic. You pay a sports player, and he comments on sports. You get what you pay for.

Emo
Good point emo. You are absolutely right about that. You pay a whiney loser to speak at your commencement ceremonies.............you get just that. Whiney loser rhetoric about whiney loser topics.

William Bennett spoke at mine (National University - 2000) :D

M. Gipson

emodx said:

Emo
To some extent, I'll agree with that. But when George W. spoke at the UVA law commencement a while back, he spoke very little politics. He delivered a good commencement speech. Yes, Al Gore is a politician and yes, politics is his specialty, but he should've been aware of the environment and not tried to force feed his political agenda on an audience that really wasnt in the mood to care. In terms of politics, it was a bad decision. But hey... this guy is known for bad decisions. Otherwise, he'd be our current president. :D

I my opinion the politicians should not use commencement speeches to make political points.
I think any politician could be expected to give a speech that included their values Liberal, Conservative, Indpendant, or Whatever...
The graduation day is for the students. Keep it focused on them. The political rhetoric should be kept in check.

Bill

That is a ringing endorsement, the guy who made less bad decisions (thru Nov 2000 anyway) is now the President?

No one said Bush made any bad decisions. ???

It's a damn shame that this country wasn't nice enough to elect the guy who invented the internet.

CC you must listen to Liddy

Nope, who's he? If you mean G Gordon Liddy I have no idea what ever happened to him. AlGore is the one who said himself he invented the internet :D

Count one more GGL fan here and that's all I'm saying on this thread. :0

??? Does GGL have a syndicated radio show or something? I must be living under a rock or something (probably just 'cause I live in the northeast :D )

If Wascal likes it, I'll bet I would too :sign:

hehe -- I saw a lot of this speech. What a total moron. Since when did Gore transform into being a sensationalist shill?

After watching it, all I could think was "This idiot was the vice president? This idiot was almost President?" Amazing. Truly amazing. My new name for him is: "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrore!"

Status
Not open for further replies.