• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who Likes V Cutters

Do you like / use V cutters

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wpeloqui

Hi All,

What do you think about V (Notch) cutters. They are my choice for non torpedo sticks. IMHO they are much nicer than a circular punch.

Willie

I like them but have never been able to find a good, reliable, quality V-cutter. The only one I use on a regular basis is the table top one at my local shop.

I prefer a Double Bladed cutter or even using a very sharp knife to cut aroud the head
of the cigar.

I use a V cut regularly, and often will cut the stick in the shape of an X with the v-cutter.

The best V cutter I have ever used is the Boston V cutter. I haven't been able to find any more they are the best. While very expensive, they do a fantastic job.

The best V cutter I have ever used is the Boston V cutter. I haven't been able to find any more they are the best. While very expensive, they do a fantastic job.

These guys are two miles from where I live.

Great cutter. The do make a pocket one also, but still very expensive.

I tried to organize a group buy awhile back (I was going to handle all the shipping etc tyo keep costs low) but couldnt get enough people to contribute.

I would start it up again if enough people were interested.

Here is their website :Boston Cigar Cutter

Al

The pocket version is the one I speak of. I have the table top in the shop.
If I could get more pockets, I know they would sell.

Mark

These guys are two miles from where I live.

Great cutter. The do make a pocket one also, but still very expensive.

I tried to organize a group buy awhile back (I was going to handle all the shipping etc tyo keep costs low) but couldnt get enough people to contribute.

I would start it up again if enough people were interested.

Here is their website :Boston Cigar Cutter

Al

I use the tabletop at my local shop. Love it

Like the X idea...
I will try that this weekend

Have not tried V-cutting yet. Am willing to give one a shot.
My nod currently goes to my trusty Xikar Xi.

Those Boston V-Cutters are pretty nice. I less expensive alternative that cuts very well especially considering the price is the wolf brand V Cutter with an inverted blade!

Prometheus makes one that can be found online for about $60. It's all metal and very reliable. I was thinking about getting one. It's exactly the same one as the one that came in the Opus set, just without the Opus logo and a lot cheaper. :)

I've never used a V cutter, however wouldn't mind trying it out. I really do need to get a decent cutter.

I've used one a time or two. I just don't have one nor do I really have access to one.

I have used them in cigar shops. They are very cool! I like the pocket model, $150 is a good chunk of money though... Hell, I need one :)

I've used them when they are around, but personally have never seen a practial, reliable pocket version. Double cutter is my choice, or an uber sharp knife.

as the trend moves to larger ring gauges, > 50, a traditional v-cut
does not expose enough surface for easy draw and full flavor.

a v-cut works best on smaller ring gauge (corona or smaller) cigars since
the v-cut gives you more surface area without exposing your tongue to loose tobacco.

as the trend moves to larger ring gauges, > 50, a traditional v-cut
does not expose enough surface for easy draw and full flavor.

a v-cut works best on smaller ring gauge (corona or smaller) cigars since
the v-cut gives you more surface area without exposing your tongue to loose tobacco.

This sums it up pretty good. V-cuts work well for the geometry of certain cigars and certain blends.

Hah, funny poll you set up here. So if you use v-cut cutters but don't like them, do you answer yes or no to a question that asks if you "use OR like" them? ;)

I have a v-cutter that I've used once (got the 2 pack from CI and split it with a friend). I'm aiming to try it a few more times to see if I like it or not. I might try that X-cut thing.