• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WHY Cuban Cigars?

Thanks everyone for the honest input on this topic! Very much what I expected to be honest! Seems like from the majority of the responses, the "forbidden fruit" concept seems to be a large part of the CC draw!

However, that being said, I have heard some very interesting facts from a couple of good sources over the past month. This being that the Cuban soil contains high levels of Lithium, so, in turn, the tabacco grown in this soil absorbs some of this Lithium and therefore it's passed along to the smoker, creating a euphoric effect.

Here is a quote that I borrowed from a write up on this topic:

The cause for the "euphoria" when smoking a cuban cigar lies in the tobacco itself... Cuban soil has a very high lithium content... High lithium content in the soil leads to high lithium content in the tobacco leaves... If you didn't figure it out yet lithium is the cause for this mild euphoric experience... Lithium is the active ingredient in many prescription anti-depressants(Lithium Bicarbonate)... In essence smoking a cuban cigar can be like taking an antidepressant or mood elevator...

Thought this was a pretty interesting concept. Not sure how much truth it holds, but it's certainly something to consider!

:cool:

Thanks everyone for the honest input on this topic! Very much what I expected to be honest! Seems like from the majority of the responses, the "forbidden fruit" concept seems to be a large part of the CC draw!

However, that being said, I have heard some very interesting facts from a couple of good sources over the past month. This being that the Cuban soil contains high levels of Lithium, so, in turn, the tabacco grown in this soil absorbs some of this Lithium and therefore it's passed along to the smoker, creating a euphoric effect.

The cause for the "euphoria" when smoking a cuban cigar lies in the tobacco itself... Cuban soil has a very high lithium content... High lithium content in the soil leads to high lithium content in the tobacco leaves... If you didn't figure it out yet lithium is the cause for this mild euphoric experience... Lithium is the active ingredient in many prescription anti-depressants(Lithium Bicarbonate)... In essence smoking a cuban cigar can be like taking an antidepressant or mood elevator...

Thought this was a pretty interesting concept. Not sure how much truth it holds, but it's certainly something to consider!

Interesting. I usually feel pretty good after any cigar. Though i do smoke more Cubans

Cyber,

i like your question because you will hear a million different asnwers and they are always fun to read and learn about.

For me specifically. I remember the excitement of smoking my first CC and it was so fun because of the "wow factor"... but it progressed from that point on for different reasons.

See, originally i wanted to smoke one just to know (y'know?).

From my most honest opinion i will say that i notice a difference (even though i am a newb) in taste from different origins (honduras, cuba, nicuragua). I notice a different and intense complexity from CC's. I also a little twang that i dont find in any cigars made from tobaccos not grown from Cuban soil.

Regardless,

Give a nice CC an honest go and see how you feel. Once you get over the hype you will be able to have a clear head and make your decisions. So make sure you buy two! hehe... I really like CC's and once you experience one i hope you make a good judgement not based on the "bling-and-wow" factor.

And if you do end up loving them please be aware that the slope for CC's is neverending.

Happy Smoking!

Interesting. I usually feel pretty good after any cigar. Though i do smoke more Cubans

i agree, I also own a kouki s14. nice to meet you.

I will for one will only smoke Cuban cigars, drink only French wine, eat only Italian cheese, and drink only Columbian coffee.

You heathens may kiss my pinky ring.

Oh my.

If only I could afford to do that.

And although the S14 is beautiful, my FC3s is gorgeous. ;)

Naaah! Bill smokes pretty much all Cubans, and if that were true, he wouldn't be such an asshole! :laugh:

That's just a bunch of crap. They're laced with Pixie Dust (which has been banned in the US).

Though the debate will rage on and on... the truth is there is no "right" answer... anymore than there is a right answer to "Which is better, Thai food or French food?" It's a matter of taste... and what really matters are the individual dishes. Even if you're a Francophile, odds of you liking every dish of French cuisine are slim to none.

Try a bunch of things, see what suits your taste. Don't listen to anyone who talks in absolutes, because with taste, absolutes just do not exist.

Though the debate will rage on and on... the truth is there is no "right" answer... anymore than there is a right answer to "Which is better, Thai food or French food?" It's a matter of taste... and what really matters are the individual dishes. Even if you're a Francophile, odds of you liking every dish of French cuisine are slim to none.

Try a bunch of things, see what suits your taste. Don't listen to anyone who talks in absolutes, because with taste, absolutes just do not exist.

That was beautifully said. I applaud you. :)

I've only had a rafeal gonzales (spelling). It was good and had a nice sweetness to it. I couldn't speak on any others but I think it has a lot to do with the forbidden fruit idea. I'm sure that the different climate and soils adds a whole different component as well.

My 0,02$: There are some great sticks from Cuba! But having said that there are some mighty fines that come from other parts of the world.
I agree with Moki that it will come down to what YOU like!

And yes maybe, because they are forbidden fruits in the US makes them more desirable for you guys.
I have the same with NC's I can not buy here in Holland, I want to try them, and form my own opinion about them!

Cuban cigars are legal here, can go to my b&m and buy them from the shelf :laugh:

Hope this helps,

Rene

Isn't your statement about dealing in absolutes....well, absolute? :sign: Sorry Andrew, I couldn't help myself :laugh:

But seriously, cigars from Cuba are no different than any other country. Some are great, some are terrible, and a lot are in between. Oh, and I don't buy the Lithium thing; its the weed that creates the euphoric feeling :cool:

But seriously, cigars from Cuba are no different than any other country. Some are great, some are terrible, and a lot are in between. Oh, and I don't buy the Lithium thing; its the weed that creates the euphoric feeling :cool:

Wrong.

Isn't your statement about dealing in absolutes....well, absolute? :sign: Sorry Andrew, I couldn't help myself :laugh:

Nah... I said that tastes are not absolutes. And they aren't. That's why arguing the position of XXXXX tastes better than XXXXX is so indefensible. Everyone's taste varies. We don't like the same foods, the same drinks, the same whatever.

I agree complete with the statement that they are no different, in that some are good, some are lousy, and a lot are in between.

I'll add that the only person who can decide what goes into each category is you.

Wrong.

:laugh: Ok.

Nice to see you admit your statement was wrong, thanks! :) :thumbs:

Sorry you can't tell sarcasm when you read it; to help: (Sarcasm on) Ok (Sarcasm off). Nice try on saying I admitted I was wrong, though :thumbs:

I will for one will only smoke Cuban cigars, drink only French wine, eat only Italian cheese, and drink only Columbian coffee.

You heathens may kiss my pinky ring.

Don't forget about your preference for Danish she-male hookers. Only the best for you, buddy.

Back