• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WHY Cuban Cigars?

But seriously, cigars from Cuba are no different than any other country. Some are great, some are terrible, and a lot are in between. Oh, and I don't buy the Lithium thing; its the weed that creates the euphoric feeling :cool:

Wrong.

:laugh: Ok.

Nice to see you admit your statement was wrong, thanks! :) :thumbs:

Sorry you can't tell sarcasm when you read it; to help: (Sarcasm on) Ok (Sarcasm off). Nice try on saying I admitted I was wrong, though :thumbs:

You should have just stuck with admitting you were wrong because you were. ;)

But seriously, cigars from Cuba are no different than any other country. Some are great, some are terrible, and a lot are in between. Oh, and I don't buy the Lithium thing; its the weed that creates the euphoric feeling :cool:

Wrong.

:laugh: Ok.

Nice to see you admit your statement was wrong, thanks! :) :thumbs:

Sorry you can't tell sarcasm when you read it; to help: (Sarcasm on) Ok (Sarcasm off). Nice try on saying I admitted I was wrong, though :thumbs:

You should have just stuck with admitting you were wrong because you were. ;)

(Sarcasm on) Good advice, I'll definitely listen to you :thumbs: (Sarcasm off).

Cuban cigars (from the Vuelta Abajo region) are chemically different (and yes, they have more lithium.) Whether the differences translate into a taste difference or pharmaceutical effect are separate issues.

Ginseng summarizes the work done by Canada Border Services Agency on identifying the Vuelta Abajo/Cuban cigar tobacco "signature" in this thread: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=22998 (Source article for those inclined: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/jf001210y)

Like most tests, it isn't perfect, just ask JR's Lew Rothman: http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/1031/58/

Edit: fixed links

Cuban cigars (from the Vuelta Abajo region) are chemically different (and yes, they have more lithium.) Whether the differences translate into a taste difference or pharmaceutical effect are separate issues.

I'm sure French wine is chemically different from Napa wines, too. But there are some damn fine Napa wines. Interesting article to read (with instructive parallels):

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2005/12/012261.php

I believe this has actually been made into a movie. Anyone recall the name?

I'm sure French wine is chemically different from Napa wines, too. But there are some damn fine Napa wines. Interesting article to read (with instructive parallels):

Yeah, its called Bottle Shock. I've heard about this tasting for a very long time now. It still amazes me how good California competed.

Wow! I wasn't sure anything would make Mike and Bill stop, but my hat's off to you.

Wrong.

What's your reasoning for why he's wrong? I think you're taking his first sentence out of context with his entire statement. Every country has some that are good, some bad and some inbetween, all individually defined by a person's taste.

Personally, I just like the cuban's a whole lot more. The problem though is crap shoot QC, you don't always get great cigars but it's mainly construction. I wish I could tell you why they don't take it seriously.

To me, people who think there's a bunch've crap cuban's or mediocre ones, are probably getting fakes. There's a ton of fakes out there and the really good ones are rolled in cuba with cuban leaf, but the blends are screwed and there's too much short filler. I've gotten one box that slipped into a normal channel, it happens.

When you sit down and smoke a Cohiba Siglo VI, or even a Monte or Partagas number 2, you know something's different. I mean, bam, in your face, this is different like a first growth french. Some are epic.

To me, people who think there's a bunch've crap cuban's or mediocre ones, are probably getting fakes. There's a ton of fakes out there and the really good ones are rolled in cuba with cuban leaf, but the blends are screwed and there's too much short filler. I've gotten one box that slipped into a normal channel, it happens.

Are you seriously, honestly, truly going to attempt to tell me that I've been getting fakes?

Christ... what an asshat.

Are you seriously, honestly, truly going to attempt to tell me that I've been getting fakes?

Moki, I have it on good authority that your quarter is, in fact, fake as well.

:sign:

- Tim

Personally, I just like the cuban's a whole lot more. The problem though is crap shoot QC, you don't always get great cigars but it's mainly construction. I wish I could tell you why they don't take it seriously.

When you sit down and smoke a Cohiba Siglo VI, or even a Monte or Partagas number 2, you know something's different. I mean, bam, in your face, this is different like a first growth french. Some are epic.

You sir, are an epic failure. As I stated to you before, via PM, you should think before you post.

I can't believe you think EVERY cuban cigar is a phenom...and if it's not....well they are fakes.

Asshattery at it's finest.

And coming from a guy who gets fake PSD4s FULL of short filler, posts them up here in his first week here, and tries telling us they are in fact legit. Who remembers his topic Guess this cigar? :whistling:

OMG are you for real? What have you been reading, the Mad magazine of cigars? You must know cigars are as subjective as what toilet tissue you wipe your butt with?

The Iliad is epic, a Siglo Vi is a cigar for smoking!

OMG are you for real? What have you been reading, the Mad magazine of cigars? You must know cigars are as subjective as what toilet tissue you wipe your butt with?

The Iliad is epic, a Siglo Vi is a cigar for smoking!

LOL, I'm gonna get in trouble if I keep adding to my sig line with these quotes...

- Tim

If you believe this, I have the Golden Gate Bridge for sale in Phoenix, Arizona and believe me there is also a Ocean view with it. All yours for just a small fee of $1 trillion. I've smoked a Padron 1926 #2 maduro that tasted like a Double Ligero from Litto Gomez and no one believed me, so I snapped it in half to show them how serious I was. It was freaking horrible so it had to be a fake right? LOL!!!

WOW!!! I can not believe this logic. Unless of course you want some attention and trolling with this comment. I sincerely hope it isn't the latter and its coming from ignorance on the matter at hand.

Are you buying fakes for the right reasons?

dagoR6 is a troll. Look at his career since he has been here. Case closed...well IMNSHO!

dagoR6 is a troll. Look at his career since he has been here. Case closed...well IMNSHO!

You have much to learn! We know he is a troll, but you aren't supposed to say it out loud! That way when he posts his diatribes we can show how they are flawed.

Back