• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why Do Some Smokers Hate Natural Cigars?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I just finished my third Natural Cigar and I really do enjoy smoking these things. Bear in mind, I am a novice compared to most of the users on this forum, but I have found a disporpitionate amount of negative talk on this forum regarding the Natural Cigars. Sure, they are new and different and yes, they challenge the status quo, but why the resistance?

:lookup:

are you talking about the wrapper of the company? ??? :lookup:

I think McPatty's talking about the Natural line from Drew Estate. I can't say anything about 'em, I've never tried one. But I have tried an Acid from Drew Estate, and it was the worst experience of my life! :(

Have heard the same myself with regard to Acids, but the Natural Line does not use perfumes or essential oils. They are one of several Drew Lines that are just plain straight forward cigars. I have heard they are great, but have yet to try one. Maybe I will get me one of those "Eggs", LOL.

I am referring to the Drew Estate lines. I have smoked the Acid red line and the Natural line and enjoyed all of them to varying degrees. I just don't understand why some people think they are so awful. Is it like Mike's Hard Lemonade to someone who enjoys Guinness draft?

I have bought some of the "Natural" line of cigars from Drew Estates...and I liked them. They are unusual looking with their pigtails. I don't remember the catchy names, but the few robusto and corona corda size sticks that I tried were very good cigars.

I have not tried the "Acid" line because almost everyone says that they are foul...so I haven't made the effort. There are too many great cigars to waste the money on a dud.

I did buy one pack of Lars Tetens when I was briefly addicted to www.cigarbid.com. I smoked one cigar and threw it away after smoking it for only 5 minutes. It tasted horrible and smelled even worse...like Copenhagen snuff. I threw away the remainder of cigars in the pack because I was afraid that the menthol smell would...corrupt/ruin/infiltrate/taint/permeate/stink up my other good cigars. That's WHY "I" personally don't like Lars, but I do like the Naturals on occasion as a change of pace.

Sam  :)

(PS: If you like and enjoy smoking "Acids" and "Lars" cigars - good for you! That's why they make them. That's also why they make Pepsi AND Coke AND Dr. Pepper! LOL)

The analogy of Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc. makes sense. I have enjoyed these Natural Cigars and it seems that I am not really their target audience. I wonder exactly who their main demographic is?

I tried the Acid Nasty and it really wasn't my cup of tea, I did not let it even get close to my humi, but the natural was not bad. :D