• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why don't I like maduro's?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Stupid question.... Most people I talk to about cigars automatically assume because I prefer stronger full bodied cigars, that I would (or should) like Maduro's. And honestly, I don't.

I've had one or two that were "OK", but none of the ones I've tried have ever knocked my socks off... There's generally a flavor in a maduro, which I can't explain, but whatever "it" is- I don't like it.

Any idea's?

Toaster said:
Stupid question.... Most people I talk to about cigars automatically assume because I prefer stronger full bodied cigars, that I would (or should) like Maduro's. And honestly, I don't.
I thought Maduro's were generally weaker, or at least sweeter? Am I mistaken in that?

anyway, have you tried the following Maduro's: Padron 1964? AF Añejo (any)?

Toaster said:

I've had one or two that were "OK", but none of the ones I've tried have ever knocked my socks off... There's generally a flavor in a maduro, which I can't explain, but whatever "it" is- I don't like it.

Any idea's?
That's cause you smoke too many Colorado or Rosado Habana's. ;)

Emo

Well Tom, is this where I berate you because you don't like my favorite kind of cigar? ??? :D

This is just a case of different people liking or not liking a certain kind of cigar. In my case, I'll smoke pretty much anything BUT my preferences are maduro wrapped cigars and Cuban tobacco cigars. Now, those are two completely different categories but I prefer both of those over natural and EMS wrapped cigars. Once in a while I like a Candela, gee how much sense does that make? :D

I think emo got it right, you been smoking too many Havanas :sign: and I tell ya, the more Havanas I smoke, the more I like 'em and the less I prefer my maddies!!

Bill hit it right on the head. There are quite a few brothers here who don't fancy maduros. I even know a couple of guys that love PAN's but would turn down a PAM :0 Maduros do impart a sweetness that I love but is not to everyone's taste. My favorite domestic wrappers are sungrowns which to me offer a sweet spiciness that really hits the spot. I also love a lot of cameroon wrapped cigars as this wrapper seems to offer a very unique flavor. However I'm finding more and more that if it's not a Cohiba I'm just not satisfied :(

Tom,

The only reason I can think of is.............................

YOUR A FREAK!!!!!!!!! :p

Just kidding Bro.......Love the new picture!!

Oh Toaster, poor, poor Toaster!! :(

Hang tuff there big guy, I'll see if there are any therapy clinics close to your home.

I don't know guys, but it doesn't look good for our Toaster, who'd a thunk?!?

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Yea, I wouldn't stress on this. I've had this in my profile ever since I've been here.
I would really like to enjoy maduro's more but just can't seem to be able to. I would however like to find the maddy that changes my mind.
I keep thinking I'll start liking them more and get rid of this line but it just hasn't happened yet.

Personally I very seldom notice a sweetness. I usually find maduros harsh, one dimensional, and more of a raw tobaco taste. Some are way way better then others, but in general I prefer ISOM's or others. I really like VSG's for example, or sticks with cameroon wrappers. A lot is my mood or the ocasion, I like Helix's with morning coffee for example.

I really do like most cigars and am not that picky, but if you ask me what I really like, I usually won't say a maduro. It's ok though man. I don't think anyones going to force us into a witness relocation program or 12 step program or anything any time soon. I admit to wishing I liked maduro's more, but theres a whole rest of the world out there as well to enjoy.

People keep going on about this sweetness in maduros! :0 I don't taste that... I get almost a sour licorice (sp?) flavor- you know the black nasty licorice :angry: :D

Gibu- I'm glad someone else is on my side! You can see some of the replies here!!! YOU GUYS ARE NUTS! :p Me and the Gib are RIGHT!!!! :D hahaha...

I love the VSG, and sun growns in general (fuente chateau's, occidental hsg's, etc) And the reddish spicy wrapper (whose name escapes me at the moment) are very good too :)

And I agree with Gibu- I'd love to find that one maduro that would change my mind ;) SO SEND 'EM ON FELLAS! :p Address available upon request ;)

:thumbs: Toaster