• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why Mike Tomlin is so drastically over-rated.

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I get sick to my stomach when I listen to the nimrods on TV talk about how great Tomlin is.

Let's look at some facts:
  1. Since Cowhers "over-achieving" mentality dissipated from the players and the organization (after two years), Tomlin has a 5-7 record in the playoffs and has had some extremely talented teams.
  2. Tomlin has missed the playoffs or been "one and done" in many years where he had Super Bowl talent.
  3. It's a characteristic of Tomlin's Steelers to start slow, end poorly, or both. They always find a way to win enough games to be in the running, but lack killer instinct.
  4. Tomlin's coordinators have been suspect for the most part. The ones who were/are respected in the league left one way or another. Bruce Arians, Dick LeBeau, Mike Munchak.
  5. Tomlin throws his players under the bus after they hurt the team by saying things like "that young man needs to do better" .... but the underlying fact is that there is ALWAYS a problem within Tomlin's team. ALWAYS!
  6. The Steelers systematically play undisciplined football and have to endure stupid penalties which give the opponent another chance.
  7. Big Ben has been allowed to choose Offensive Coordinators who are a yes-man to him and let him play his game. As much as I love Ben's drive to win, that is unhealthy for a team.
  8. For the last seven years, there has been at least one player who has been a major distraction and an embarrassment to Steeler football. Tomlin has allowed these young men to become a major disruption. He allows players to become bigger than the team which is a death sentence!
    1. Martavis Bryant
    2. Legarrette Blount (never a problem for New England)
    3. LeVeon Bell
    4. Antonio Brown
    5. Chase Claypool
    6. And I know for a fact, through a friend of the Rooney's, that the Rooneys have kept numerous other problems from ever surfacing.
It's a fact that "all" NFL teams have to deal with divas and childish players, the well managed teams find a way to win playoffs and Super Bowls in spite of this fact.

When he stepped on the field in 2013 he lost all respect I would ever have for him. Not directly related to your post but my 2 cents