• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why No Talk of Jeter?

NASTY

Cold Fire
I hope you yankee fans had as much fun following Jeter's contract situation as I did!

-----From ESPN:
"I'm going to be honest with you guys, the thing that bothered me the most was how public this became," said Jeter, who thought there was a perception he was being greedy and demanding.

Greedy and demanding, you don't say?! First off, he is 36 and coming off of his worst season ever. And he has the audacity to demand a contract that would've paid him over $20 a season. He scoffed at the initial contract of 3 years 45 million and pulled out the "after all I've done for this team" card. Put him on a low income team like Pittsburgh or Houston and he would've been nothing more than a flash in a pan. Cashman was right to tell him test the market. No team would be stupid enough to offer him a contract that would've paid him more than 10 million a season.

"This was a negotiation that was supposed to be private. It was an uncomfortable position I felt I was in. It was not enjoyable experience because throughout the years I've prided myself on keeping things out of the papers and out of the media. This turned into a big public thing. That is something I was not happy about. I let my feelings be known."

He let it be known that he's as greedy as the rest of them. Class act, my ass. Even though the yankees caved in and gave him what he wanted, I bet Jeter has been humbled by this experience. Burn in hell yankees

Even 10 million/season is a stretch. He hit 270 with 67 RBIs. Not bad at all for a shortstop but not outstanding either especially with no upside potential. I'm glad the yankees are paying him 50 million or whatever it is. Its less money for them to buy other players. I have no idea, but I'm guessing this had more to do with his agent then Jeter. Having said that I have no sympathy for him. A class act would have taken the yankee's initial offer which was way more than he is worth in the first place.

Nasty just upset that the Mets didnt grab him when they had the chance because nasty is always rocking the jeter tshirt when i see him smoking in the back of the building during the summer nights
he thinks no one sees him because its so late in the evening

He'd fit perfectly with our beloved Mets! Over paid under performing player a match made in heaven :D

Why is asking $5 , $10, $15 , or $25 million a year greedy? Isn't it all supply and demand? Why is it when one tests how much they can earn considered a class-less act? ???

$15 million a year for three years was more than a reasonable offer. He got greedy and expected more.

Why is asking $5 , $10, $15 , or $25 million a year greedy? Isn't it all supply and demand? Why is it when one tests how much they can earn considered a class-less act? ???

That's just it. I don't think there would have been much of a demand for an ageing shortstop whose best days are behind him. There is nothing wrong or classless with trying to get the best pay for yourself, but his whining and cyring about it publicly just showed how out of touch with reality his is. At his age and diminishing skills, he would have been lucky to command 10 million a year if he would have tested the open market.

Why no talk of Jeter? My mom always told me if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. :p

Hey, at least he doesn't have a painting of himself as a Centaur (that we know of).

Nasty just upset that the Mets didnt grab him when they had the chance because nasty is always rocking the jeter tshirt when i see him smoking in the back of the building during the summer nights
he thinks no one sees him because its so late in the evening

I'm no Yankee fan and I agree with Nasty but he(Nasty) is a big HATER! LOL :whistling:

I hope you yankee fans had as much fun following Jeter's contract situation as I did!

-----From ESPN:
"I'm going to be honest with you guys, the thing that bothered me the most was how public this became," said Jeter, who thought there was a perception he was being greedy and demanding.

Greedy and demanding, you don't say?! First off, he is 36 and coming off of his worst season ever. And he has the audacity to demand a contract that would've paid him over $20 a season. He scoffed at the initial contract of 3 years 45 million and pulled out the "after all I've done for this team" card. Put him on a low income team like Pittsburgh or Houston and he would've been nothing more than a flash in a pan. Cashman was right to tell him test the market. No team would be stupid enough to offer him a contract that would've paid him more than 10 million a season.

"This was a negotiation that was supposed to be private. It was an uncomfortable position I felt I was in. It was not enjoyable experience because throughout the years I've prided myself on keeping things out of the papers and out of the media. This turned into a big public thing. That is something I was not happy about. I let my feelings be known."

He let it be known that he's as greedy as the rest of them. Class act, my ass. Even though the yankees caved in and gave him what he wanted, I bet Jeter has been humbled by this experience. Burn in hell yankees
You're an idiot LOS...not to mention a jealous, bitter, malcontented, frustrated, pseudo Met fan. :laugh:

Where were you these last few years when Minaya ran your team into the ground by signing every lazy, injury prone, over-the-hill player he could OVER PAY? Didn't see you posting your frustration then about YOUR TEAM then! :rolleyes:

Maybe you should look at the payroll of the Mets the last few years...not too far off the Yankees/Red Sox/Phillies.... ;)

As for the Yankees burning in Hell?....based on their recent performance, looks like it's the Mets with a singed ass! :sign:

I tip my glass to you and the 2011 Mets for what will undoubtedly be another "Rebuilding Year"...or two...or three...or four.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank God you're not really a baseball fan...stick to boxing! :p