• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wierd results

npedersen

Ok, got something that is making me scrach my head alittle. . .I'm not too concerned with it but still. I have two identical digital hygros. The first I salt tested it showed 74, close enough for me. I put it in the humi and let it sit for two days, it reads 68, this tells me it is 69. Cool, I go buy the second one so that I can condition some KLH for a guy at work and do the usual salt test. I used an old bowl taht had dried up salt slurry sstill in it, let it re hydrate and used it, I got a reading of 65, wow ten off. Thought maybe somehow it was the salt slurry so I redid the test with new salt, same result as expected really. Okay, maybe the container that I'm using is getting a tight enough seal. I switch hygros, took the one out of the humi that I know tested good, I got the same 74 that I got when I initially tested it.

The one that I put in the humi to should say 59, but it reads 64!?! So know I'm wondering, is it 74 or 69? I checked the feel of the smokes and they do fell alittle more firm than I'm used too. So i can assume that the reading is somewherebetween 69 and 74, we'll say 71-72.

I do like to tinker with things to figure out what's going on but after numerous searches here and google, I am hoping that there is another test that I can do at home (other than the humipaks, a guy at work used them to calibrate his hygro and compair it to the salt test, way off!) to test the 60's range. And yes the temperature was the same in both tests, 71.

Thanks in advance
Nick

Did you try putting both hygros in your humi(beside each other) for 24 hours and see how they compare to each other?

Hmmm, I'm wondering if the salt test was done improperly on either one.

You may try the salt test with both at the same time, that way you are sure to have the same variable for both hygros. Then as stated above, put both in the same humi right next to each other.

There is another test besides the salt test one of my old shops used to use. dampen a towel and wrap the humidifier in it, let it sit about an hour and it should read 100%, however #'s off of a hundred is also the variation of the hygrometer.