• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Will my cigars "marry"

DreC

Okay folks I took this write up from jrcigars.com

"I have been storing singles side by side for well over a decade with no impact whatsoever. Personally, I find the concept of marrying flavors between differing cigars to be an issue that "cigar wonks" banter about, but has little basis in reality and does not warrant any concern on your part. You have to keep in mind, when you read all the recent advice printed about cigars, that quite a bit of it is far too reaching and overtly scientific without cause.

I have kept a wide variety of smokes crammed together for long periods (5+ years) in my "smoke from someday" humidors without this ever occurring. "

I would keep the cellophane on them and not worry, but I think every one would agree that they look much better to the eye without it.

BUT I've read in so many other places that "marriage" DOES happen frequently.

Has anybody here fallin victim to the "marriage" of cigars??

IT happens.

I havent had a problem with it. but leave them together long enough and it will happen for sure.

Phil

I have been storing cigars without seperating them for many years. I always remove the cello. I think they age better that way. I have never noticed any marrying of the flavors.

I've never experienced it either.

However I keep the cello on because I think it prevents damage. ;)

Based of of both answers it's still a tie. I'll have to wait for more responses and see who the winner is.

( I can understand the marriage of flavored cigars with non-flavored) I still don't know.

DreC said:
Based of of both answers it's still a tie. I'll have to wait for more responses and see who the winner is.

( I can understand the marriage of flavored cigars with non-flavored) I still don't know.
it's all about the oils in the tobacco producing the desired flavor. Those oils do seep out of the wrapper.

There is a reason why people keep cabs the way they do IMO, that is the way I do it.

Make sure they sign a pre-nuptual agreement before they marry...

Sorry :p

Willie

DreC said:
BUT I've read in so many other places that "marriage" DOES happen frequently.

Has anybody here fallin victim to the "marriage" of cigars??
No, but I have seen my cigars having lots of one night stands and humidor-banging sex.

i'll marry your cigars.

i now pronouce you divorcee #1 and divorcee #2. now burn in hell.

yeah, i don't think it ever really happens. it's just some fangdangled "elitist" thing. :p

The "marrying" concept is hogwash.JMO

Just because "cigars" like Acid and Lars Tetens will rape and invest diseased flavors into quality cigars...doesn't mean that 2 quality cigars are sharing flavors through marital sex. :) LMAO

That's great guy's I needed a laugh or two or three. I guess I don't care if they ever get married or not....as long as there off spring is something I can smoke...cigarrillos.. ;)

Phil said:
There is a reason why people keep cabs the way they do IMO, that is the way I do it.
Being a total FNG, I have never heard of such..sorry for the threadjack, buy I had to ask...

gr8full2day said:
Phil said:
Being a total FNG, I have never heard of such..sorry for the threadjack, buy I had to ask...
Not sure 100% what your asking bro

Do you mean what is a cab? short for cabinet a term used most often to refer to a box of 50 cigars.

Or did you wanna know why I keep them like that? Some folks say in time 50 cabs that have some age on them will be the most consistant smokes you can get. All the oils have had a chance to even out between the cigars. I agree with those two ideals.

If I didnt answer your question please FEEL FREE to shoot me a PM bro :thumbs:

Phil

Not sure 100% what your asking bro

Do you mean what is a cab? short for cabinet a term used most often to refer to a box of 50 cigars.

Or did you wanna know why I keep them like that? Some folks say in time 50 cabs that have some age on them will be the most consistant smokes you can get. All the oils have had a chance to even out between the cigars. I agree with those two ideals.

If I didnt answer your question please FEEL FREE to shoot me a PM bro :thumbs:

Phil [/quote]
What I meant was the marrying of flavors between cigars in a humidor full of singles (various types, origins)

gr8full2day said:
Phil said:
I understand what you where saying. ;)

However gr8full2day asked a question (see my quote). I then answered that question the best I could.

Not sure how you could interpret that as another answer to your question. ???

I answered your question above right away. I do believe this happens over a period of time. I would segragate and cigars that have radically different profile. But to each his own on that. :thumbs:

Phil

Sorry Phil.

It still says Newbie under my name right.....Pheewwww! ???

Most of the cigars I smoke don't have cello ;)

I keep singles together all the time. Never tasted a "married" cigar.

I keep boxes / cabs with all the same cigars...and believe it's more a convenience in what I'm reaching for, running low on, etc, etc.

My vote is NO...if it does happen, no one's palate could tell for sure.

Let's hope they don't marry. My advice to cigars is that divorce is 100% preventable. Just don't get married. I mean, come on, have you EVER heard of a divorce that DIDN'T being with a marriage???

ALostTexan