• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Will these sticks be ruined?

cjhokie

My girlfriend just bought me a humidor for my birthday, however, she doesn't want me to use it until my birthday this weekend. However, i did the newbie sampler and i should be getting this sticks monday or tuesday. However, i cant start to season this humidor until my birthday. So do i have to find a place to keep these, or should they be able to last for like 2 and a half weeks. Thanks for your input.

WE ARE VIRGINIA TECH

I seriously doubt it will take that long to season a desktop humidor following the humidor guide.

http://www.humidor-guide.com/humidor-moistening-4-3.php3 (Some people say you shouldn't do the wipe with distilled water method, but it has always worked well for me. Just don't soak the cloth so its dripping wet and you'll be fine).

As temporary storage, place the cigars in a Tupperware with a humi-pad or pack and as long as you let in fresh air once every 2 days or so, they will be fine until your humidor is ready to go.