• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine budget vs Cigar Budget

Napa_Smokes

Ok so I have been collecting cigars since I was 18 and wine since I was 19. So my question to all of you connoisseurs is how much of your budget goes to collecting juice vs leaf? And if you don't mine sharing what's your most prized bottle of juice and have you ever tried it or just collect it?

If there is a post on this already i missed it and apologize for repeating it.

For me, the wine budget has to be higher than the cigar budget. A bottle of wine of equal quality to a cigar is going to cost far more than the stick.

My prized bottles include 1978 Haut Brion, 1998 La Conseillante, 2001 Suduiraut, some hard to find Cali pinots, and a bunch of German riesling from Donnhoff, Willi Schafer, and J.J. Prum, including a few aged Auslesen. I haven't yet opened many gems, but the best I've tasted so far are some Christoffel Auslesen.

Thats some nice juice you have there. My wine budget varies. As a general rule I spend about 4 times as much on wines as I do cigars. However with these Regional Editions i have probably stepped that up a little to.

I have yet to try many German wines but would love to learn more about them eventually. My prized wines are a vertical of Mouton-Rothschild, Pauillac from 1975 to 2004, a 1982 Chateau Latour, 1978 Petrus, some california cult cabs. And a few bottles of vintage champagne.

I've tried a few few of these but not as many as I would like.

Thanks for sharing Bpj87

Hmmmm ..... this year my wine budget is way, way, way past my cigar budget, plus I've run out of room to store anymore cigars. I'm in the middle of building a wine room which will have space for a large built-in cigar cabinet so the cigar purchases will resume once that project is completed. I've also noticed that my alocations for many of my mailing lists have increased which hasn't helped the wine storage situation, or the budget either.

My most prized bottle would have to be a bottle 1974 Chateau d'Yquem. Also my verticals of Kosta Browne, Pisoni, A.Rafanelli and Montebello would have to rank up there as well.

:cool:

Hmmmm ..... this year my wine budget is way, way, way past my cigar budget, plus I've run out of room to store anymore cigars. I'm in the middle of building a wine room which will have space for a large built-in cigar cabinet so the cigar purchases will resume once that project is completed. I've also noticed that my alocations for many of my mailing lists have increased which hasn't helped the wine storage situation, or the budget either.

My most prized bottle would have to be a bottle 1974 Chateau d'Yquem. Also my verticals of Kosta Browne, Pisoni, A.Rafanelli and Montebello would have to rank up there as well.

i think we need to do a camp out in your wine cellar. I'll bring the corkscrew!!! :whistling:

Hi

I guess I drink about a bottle of wine per week and the average price might be something like 20$. So the annual budget of wine is about 1000$. I mainly buy to drink and not to store but from time to time I buy Gran Reserva's from Spain (1996) and I also have a couple bottles of Brunello wine.

Collecting wine and stogies since you where a teenager?...you matured fast!...my tastes then where very pedestrian....I have a bottle a night with my gf... 2-3 maybe if its a party time (i lived in France for those bad habits ;)...prices vary but maybe average 12 bucks or so a bottle....I am not including whiskey, cognac or beer here.....so maybe 4k-6k a year on wine....I spend maybe 2-3k on stogies...but its just me smoking not my gf...I need a part time job ;) cheers

Good thing you have cigar friends! :)

Speaking of wine, I'll shoot you a PM re: Kevin's wines. :thumbs:

Heh I had a bottle from the late 60s and I quit drinking before I could sample it. My folks enjoyed it though...

Kevin who? what wine? what the heck are you talking about?? :laugh:

The weather is getting cooler and I need the space in the cellar.