• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine-O-Dor Question

06r6 guy

Ok, so I just put my 65% Heartfelt Beads into my wine-o-dor. I have two questions really. The first one is this. The humidity rises to 70% maybe 71 and stops...When I fill it with cigars with it stay around 65%..And my second questions is when the wine cooler kicks on to cool down my humidity drops to around 59-59%..If I add more beads will this help regulate this more?

Thanks for the help, I will get some pics up when I get home.

Alex

How many beads do you have in the cooler, and what size is it? I would recommend adding a temp controller to keep it from going down past 65F when it is on its cool cycle. I have two 32 bottle wine-o-dors, and each of them has one pound of 65% beads in them, and they are set to come on at 69F and off at 65F. I have found this to keep the RH very stable without wild swings.

If you have any questions send me a PM.

Bill

What type of wine cooler to you have? Does it have a thermoelectric cooler or compressor style?

It is thermoelectric. It is a pretty small unit, only holds 18 bottles. I picked it up on sale at target the other day. It is one of the ones with the two separate zones. I have 8oz. of beads in the bottom and 4oz. in the top.

Thanks for the help

Alex

Keep the temp at 65 degrees and make sure both zones are set at the same temp. You'll find if you set the temp too low, it will be a PITA to keep the humidity at the proper level. Until you have some Spanish cedar or a number of boxes to hold the humidity the level will fluctuate.