• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

wineador

qballizhere

I started on my wineador project. A friend of mine had a wine cooler that they had broke the door on. I had a look at it and with a little time and epoxy could get it back together with no problem. I left it outside for a week with baking soda in it and the seal was Great. The shelving i used was wire from a closet and ordered some cedar trays and dividors. I am just waiting for them to arrive. Let me have your honest opinion so far. here are a few pics

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Coolador was free $5.00 for epoxy and $8.00 for the shelving. The trays were $8.99 each only 4 on the way more to come later.
Thinking of going with the cigar oasis or the hydra electronic humidifier dont know witch yet.

Save money on the electronic humidifier and just go with some Heartfelt beads. I have 2 lbs in mine and its very low maintenance.

+1 on the beads, going to be cheaper for you in the long run and they are very low maintenance. I just started my project as well and have a lb of beads on the way. Been using 4 oz of the beads in my desktop humi and they work great.

I concur on the beads. They're easy to maintain. I swear by them in all my humis, coolerdors, and tactical humis (ammo cans I used in the sandbox for humis)

Agreed on the beads and I would also add that you may want to put the sticks in ziploks or boxes to buffer the fluctuations in humidity when the unit runs.

not to beat a dead horse, but....

(+1 on the beads- I have 2.5lbs myself and it has worked out perfect)

that, and i would get some cedar boxes in there. It really helps to keep the humidity stable. For my own winodoor, I got the lids to a bunch of boxes -Tatuaje, Padron 80th (inside wooden tile of the box lid) and glued them to the inside of the fridge. Being in a warm climate like yourself (inland southern California) i found that i needed a lot of cedar to keep the winodoor stable.

Good luck

Looks very nice, I like the Shark in there, that is a shark isn't it? I'd like to see what the cedar shelves look like in there. Also, I think the beads will the best, they really are easy to set up and work like a champ.

You might want to keep an eye out for rust on the end of those wire shelves. (assuming you cut the ends to fit inside).

I only see one thing missing: a tetris stack of boxes.

I imagine that will be coming along shortly -- if your post-wineador experience is anything like mine.

Enjoy it.