• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Winecooler deal of the century?

rehrlich

Banned
I went to Linens n Things to find a wine cooler. I had some gift cards and a coupon. All I could find was a 12 count and 8 count cooler. For some reason I decided to ask a worker there if they had anymore ( i never do this). She said she had 2 16 count coolers that are of the box. It was obvious that they were not used, but maybe had a scratch or mark. The retail price sticker was 189.00. When she scanned them in they came out to 40.00 each. Then i still used me coupons. I got them both for less than 80.00 out the door. They are not vinetemp, but they are thermoelectric. I hope I dont have problems. I have been running them for 2 days and they seem to stay around 66 degrees, which is 15 degrees cooler then my house. Now I need to get some shelves and full it up with sticks.

Note added. Do I keep the humidifcation on the bottom, top or on each shelf? Which brings me to my next question. Can someone make me sone shelves? I need shelves for both coolers. I can pay with cash or sticks. Perhaps I can give you the model number and you can get the demensions.

Thanks

post some pics when you add the shelves,congrats on the good score.

I will definately get some pics once it is full. I will have them side by side on my bar.

Not bad but a bunch of us got 28 bottle wine coolers from Overstock.com about 4 or 5 months ago for $71 shipped.

Not bad but a bunch of us got 28 bottle wine coolers from Overstock.com about 4 or 5 months ago for $71 shipped.

eh hem, and some of us are not even using em yet for sticks!! :) wink wink, nudge nudge!

Don

I just read that the trays or shelves do not have to be cedar.
Is that true? Any materials recommended?

Also until I get trays can I put my sticks in small humidors or cigar boxes in the cooler right on the wine racks?

Thx

I might even take out the racks and just use boxes without shelves. You'll get the most space that way. 16 bottle coolers aren't all that big, so I'd try to maximize wherever I could.

Nice deal. I hope they work out for you.

I might even take out the racks and just use boxes without shelves. You'll get the most space that way. 16 bottle coolers aren't all that big, so I'd try to maximize wherever I could.

Would you leave the bottom rack in so you could beads on the bottom, or do you just divide the beads up throughout the cooler?

Would you leave the bottom rack in so you could beads on the bottom, or do you just divide the beads up throughout the cooler?

I have found that dispersing the beads is the best method, but you may find in smaller spaces that it doesn't matter. I have a 28 bottle wine fridge as my main humidor. It makes it easier to stay out of the coolers. :laugh:

eh hem, and some of us are not even using em yet for sticks!! :) wink wink, nudge nudge!

Don
LOL, mine has beer in it.

Beer in a wine cooler? You are so unrefined... :rolleyes: :D
WHAT?? :p I live in North Carolina which means no cellars, high temps, and high humidity. This is where I keep my beer that I age.

Just try to find some cedar boxes at your local. They're inexpensive (sometimes free) and will do the job of buffering humidity while providing storage. It doesn't have to be complicated.

You may want to look at some of the previous wine fridge threads to get some ideas.

I'm still trying to talk my chic into letting me use/buy one to store my sticks in but she just won't give, i guess i'll just have to buy another humi instead :) we have one she just stores crappy wine in :(

Is there any way to tell if a box is made of cedar?
I assume all wood boxes are not cedar.