• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Winston Churchill series by Davidoff

Cards&Gars

"Kellito"
New cigar by Davidoff? New to the States, but maybe not the world…does anyone know different?

Went to my B&M last night and they got a new Davidoff line in. According to the manager, they are the first store in the U.S. to get them. I bought two to try out this weekend (#10) and queried some folks on chat last night to see if anyone had tried them…no go. So, I tried to do a search on them… LOL…what a joke… Ever try to do a key word search with the following: “Winston” “Churchill” “Cigar” “Davidoff” … fruitless. Here is what I know according to the literature that was on display:

The band says “Winston Churchill”, I believe the filler is Dominican and the wrapper Connecticut shade.
There are four sizes:

“Blenheim”- Churchill @ $22ea.
“Marrakesh”- Toro @ $17.50ea.
“#10”- Robusto @ $15ea.
“Chequers”- Corona @ $13.50ea.

I will update if anyone is interested…

-C&G

"Davidoff pays homage to the world's best- known cigar smoker, Winston Churchill, by creating a new line of cigars. Davidoff created four sizes, each named for a significant place and chapter which affected and formed Mr. Churchill's remarkable life. Davidoff blended the Winston Churchill to be a rich, full-bodied smoke. The binder is a Dominican Yamasa, while 5 tobaccos are blended to create the filler. The dark, Ecuadorian Sun Grown wrapper provides the perfect amount of strength and complexity a connoisseur looks for."

....they'll be in Hartford on Monday. :whistling:

I looked at the Madison Avenue web site and they had no mention of this cigar. JimD may be able to shed some light on this.

"Davidoff pays homage to the world's best- known cigar smoker, Winston Churchill, by creating a new line of cigars. Davidoff created four sizes, each named for a significant place and chapter which affected and formed Mr. Churchill's remarkable life. Davidoff blended the Winston Churchill to be a rich, full-bodied smoke. The binder is a Dominican Yamasa, while 5 tobaccos are blended to create the filler. The dark, Ecuadorian Sun Grown wrapper provides the perfect amount of strength and complexity a connoisseur looks for."

....they'll be in Hartford on Monday. :whistling:

Gary, Thankee Mucho... I thought I was going crazy for a minute. Trying to search for it is a bear. I will just have to give it a shot tomorrow. I was told it was a very good smoke. It better be worth the cost...

Regards...

-Kellito

We got some information on these cigars a little while back. According to Davidoff the filler is a blend of 5 tobaccos, the binder is Dominican Yamasa, and the wrapper is an Ecuadorian Sun Grown. Sounds like a handful of shops will get a few boxes of these in the next week or two. They'll be shipping to all Davidoff accounts after the first of the year.

The Blenheim is named after his grandfather's castle. The Marrakesh is in reference to one of his most beloved spots in the world. The No. 10 is for the British Prime Minister's residence at 10 Downing Street in London. And the Chequers is named for his country house where he spent most of his time during World War II.

Did you get a chance to smoke one, Cards&Gars?

Another tidbit of information I got from Davidoff is they're planning on coming out with their first-ever Maduro cigar some time next year. Sounds like just one vitola (not sure about the size).

Thanks,
Eric

Gary and Eric thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to trying these out as I do love Davidoffs in most of their incarnations. Good to hear that they are coming out with a maduro.

...Did you get a chance to smoke one, Cards&Gars?

No... Not yet. I am a loser. I should have last night, but I had to go to an art show.
I plan on burning one tomorrow after turkey.

-C&G... :( Another missed opportunity to be first on the block.

my davidoff rep came in last night to give us a sampler of these smokes. I didn't try one, but my owner did. i didn't get any impressions from him, though.

No mention of this on Davidoff's site at all. Interesting...

I bought one, but gave it away... should pick up another sometime later. The cigar looks beautiful, and the band has a nice composition. Definitely not cheap, then again, it's a Davidoff Product, so what else is new?

Originally saw a post re: Winstons on CF - I think it went "poof" anyway, just talked to my Davidoff rep and he said that it's a departure from the typical Henke profile of cigars. They're suposed to be very full-bodied, closer to the "new generation" of cigars i.e. LFD etc. They're doing a soft release at select merchants with a full release and ad blitz scheduled for sometime in February. SRP $12-$22 I believe.

Huh, I was expecting a new Davidoff with a double banding...

These look good.

Originally saw a post re: Winstons on CF - I think it went "poof" anyway, just talked to my Davidoff rep and he said that it's a departure from the typical Henke profile of cigars. They're suposed to be very full-bodied, closer to the "new generation" of cigars i.e. LFD etc. They're doing a soft release at select merchants with a full release and ad blitz scheduled for sometime in February. SRP $12-$22 I believe.

Are they sending you any?

Are they sending you any?

Yes.