• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Winter has arrived

Roseysman

Still Me
Ah yes the ground is covered with a blanket of white and as I look out my window I watch the fools in there SUVs think they are invincible as they slide to and fro along the river road :laugh:
We had one end up in the river earlier today was good for entertainment.
Anyways was thinking of going out later for a walk in this winter wonderland any suggestions on what smoke to take?

By the way its -13 with the wind chill factor

Lucky you. It's warm here in So Cal. Wish we had some snow to go along with Christmas. Oh well...

Yep, we had thunder-snow here last night! Weird!

Nice blanket of snow, wind blowing, etc.

Woke up at 5 degrees this morning!!

Here are some pics I took last night.....

DCP_0335-vi.jpg

DCP_0336-vi.jpg

Looks pretty cool with my Christmas lights in the background!

Is that cigar smoke in the first pic? :)

That was actually my breath! LOL

Too damn cold to smoke outside last night! HAHAHA

Looks cool, doesn't it!

My camera sucks, only 2.2 megapixels.....

It's funny though, that was the second cool thing that happened yesterday. The first was that afternoon. I took the dogs out back before going to work out. I happened to look up and saw a Red Tail hawk perched up in my oak tree. I took some pics, but they were blurry.

My wife brought her Canon out with the 300mm zoom lens and starting clicking off pics. Then, another hawk that we didn't know was there, swooped down into my neighbors yard. I heard some rustling in the leaves and the he flew back up with a mole in his talon. She got close-ups of that hawk stripping that mole! The whole time I'm saying get a shot of him eating it as he pulls the it apart. She's looking at it through the zoom going ewwwwwwwwwwww!

I can't wait to get these developed!! I'll scan them and post them when we do!

I was working on the Jag in the garage one day and I heard the blue jays SCREAMING bloody murder out by the bird feeders. :0

I went outside to see a hawk making off with a mourning dove. The blue jays actually chased after the hawk :0 Ballsy little buggers......

We've had it lucky so far Roseysman until this week. 5 inches of snow and 5 DEGREES out there now. MAN is it cold. The furnace in the garage decided to let go, a mouse decided that sitting in the fan would be a nice warm spot. Boy was he surprised when the fan kicked in :angry2: He got stuck in the fan, fan got out of balance and ruined the blower fan (hit the housing, lost some fins and that's all she wrote). Burned mouse doesn't smell very nice :0

Tomorrows project is tracking down a new blower. I ain't working in that garage with no heat, that's for sure.

It was -1 degrees when I drove home from work last night. bbrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's 10F here right now.

I spoke to my mom today and she was complaining about how cold it was and that she had to put the heat on...

Cause it got down to 52. :rolleyes:

Rub it in why don't y'all.... I'm a snow freak, and so far I got none. I spent three weeks in Korea - with negative wind chills, but not a flake in site. Now I'm back in Tropical Hell (Okinawa - 60s+ only and I hate it) with no chance for snow until March when I go back to Korea.

More pics are good though - I'll live vicariously through you guys.

-K-

Well, I grew up in the Boston area and I loved the snow when I was a kid. I still love to snow ski but as I get older, I hate the cold and I can always fly to a location whenever I get in the mood to ski...... :D :thumbs: :p :cool:

Happy Holidays and keep postin' the Xmas pics. :)

Brrrrr.....

I think it dropped down into the lower 40's last night.

I might have to leave the light jacket at home and pull out the heavier coat this morning. :p

9 degrees is supposed to be our high for thursday. :0 Don't know why, but this becomes the most inhospitable area of the country in the winter time. I need to move south.

Treamayne said:
Rub it in why don't y'all.... I'm a snow freak, and so far I got none. I spent three weeks in Korea - with negative wind chills, but not a flake in site. Now I'm back in Tropical Hell (Okinawa - 60s+ only and I hate it) with no chance for snow until March when I go back to Korea.

More pics are good though - I'll live vicariously through you guys.

-K-
[snapback]150698[/snapback]​

What I'm missing back home in Detroit:

...ADRIAN...ANN ARBOR...CARO...DOWNTOWN DETROIT...FLINT...HOWELL...LAPEER...MONROE...
MOUNT CLEMENS AND PONTIAC
953 PM EST TUE DEC 21 2004

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING TO THURSDAY
EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC MI HAS ISSUED A
WINTER STORM WATCH.

SNOW WILL SPREAD INTO THE AREA WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND BECOME HEAVY AT
TIMES AFTER MIDNIGHT. THIS SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL PERSIST INTO
THURSDAY MORNING...BEFORE TAPERING OFF TO LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS DURING THE AFTERNOON. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 8 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE.
IN ADDITION...NORTH WINDS WILL GUST TO 30 MPH OR MORE ON THURSDAY AND PRODUCE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...AS WELL AS WIND CHILLS BELOW ZERO BY AFTERNOON.

Wish I was there - I guess C4M will have to enjoy it for me.