• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wireless Humidity Monitor

Mine has also arrived but the reading seem to be off. Or at least I'd hope its off :0 as the readings are way high. Even when I put it right next to my 65% beads its still in the mid 70s. Its reading 77% right now while everything else in my humi reads between upper 60s and lower 70s.

My remote device took about 3-4 hours in the humidor to settle down. Now it is reading 65% consistently.

yeah mine took a little while to settle down also...the 2 I have are less than 1° & 1% difference between each other but the normal electronic difference could happen between units

I'll take a quick check of the other 2 I ordered when they come in(Thursday)...I would imagine if their relatively close to my current 2 then you probably have a defective unit...maybe 1 slipped by QC :(

I'm going to do a test on my unit... normal baggie with the 75.5% Boveda humidity pouch. Lets see where it is at tonight.

It may just turn out that all the rest of my hygrometers are way off - which would be weird as I recently calibrated them with the same Boveda humidity pouch.

yeah mine took a little while to settle down also...the 2 I have are less than 1° & 1% difference between each other but the normal electronic difference could happen between units

I'll take a quick check of the other 2 I ordered when they come in(Thursday)...I would imagine if their relatively close to my current 2 then you probably have a defective unit...maybe 1 slipped by QC :(

I completed the Boveda test on the stark - it was dead on. I'm going to use it to calibrate everything I can in my humi. Right now its reading 76%, a number confirmed by my attempt to smoke a diploma tonight. The thing would barely stay lit!

Anyone know where I can purchase 1 more sensor?

Wow ok thats kinda scary glad you caught it when you did :D

I've been looking for the sensors for over a year lol...even on the day I bought the big one a few yrs ago the sensors were mostly "Out of Stock" at oregon scientific although they did have all 3 kinds/colors at the time...prices were $15 each I think...which makes it super close to the current sale price of the Medium one

If you really want one I suggest grabbing another from OS. Both sensors will be picked up the same by both bases so you could put the other base in another room as a clock/radio/weatherstation with a bonus of always being able to check your cigs from different rooms :laugh:

I use two kinds of monitors that I already had but stopped using them for my wine cabinet(after realizing it was ridiculously stable)
My favorite is like everyone else an Oregon Scientific...but I use the Starck model w/ matching sensor... I picked it up a couple years ago for the design, atomic clock and the full weather station that it has...I just wish I picked up more sensors back then since they are hard to find..I think they are being phased out (the Starck medium music clock w/ remote sensor is on sale directly from oregon scientific for a ridiculous price right now :D )
The base uses either 4AA or the power adapter, the sensor uses 2AAA and is extremely accurate, can handle 3

This is the one I use and love it so much I bought two more! when they were on sale not a bad pick up for $20 much more now I think.

Edit:

If some on is still looking to get one of these I got this in the mail recently

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/prod...=885&src=75

base unit plus three sensors for $90 not a bad deal I think

After reading this thread, I am looking at picking up the Oregon Scientific THG800/810. But it seems like the units only come with one sensor. What model sensor would I have to order with the main unit to control multiple humidors?
The Oregon Scientific site is unclear on this topic.

Any help would be appreciated.