• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wisdom teeth vs. smoking cigars?

fegbri

fegbri
Had all 4 wisdom teeth out about a week ago. Wandering if anyone here has had this done and how long before you smoked a cigar? I am dying here to puff!! Thanks!

Don't do it. Dry sockets ain't worth it. You've never experienced pain until you've had one. Let 'em heal. Trust me on this. You don't want a dry socket.

Doc.

When I got my consult (getting it done next month), the Doctor said only a couple days of heeling would be fine. But again, dry socket doesn't sound fun. If you have any bleeding wait a couple days before smoking. Giving your doc a call might be worth it before you risk it.

Let 'em heal. The cigars will always be there.

Navy took all four of mine out in one shot. I was sipping soup for a week.

~Boar

I had all four pulled at once a few years ago. I didn't smoke for over a month, as I didn't want to risk getting an infection or a dry socket. The mouth heals fast... Good luck!

I say dive right in!!! So long as you aren't bleeding and so long as you aren't having any other troubles, enjoy a good smoke. I had my wisdom teeth out and was smoking within ten days...no problems. But, then again, the other guys are right in fearing the dry sockets. For some reason my extractions, all four at one time, felt totally fine after just a few days. I had one wisdom tooth that had to be yanked off of my jaw but I think I had a pretty easy trip down that road. I have heard horror stories from lots of folks, including my wife, but I just had no problems at all.

So, take my advice for what it is worth and remember, I am a lawyer and not a doctor!!! :blush: (This advice is not intended to supplant the advice of a qualified medical professional. The opinions expressed herein are not those of Cigarpass and are solely the opinion of the contributor. Consult your physician or dental professional in determining how to proceed for your individual situation. All disputes are governed by the laws of Muritania and all legal action shall be commenced in that forum).

Good luck.

I say dive right in!!! So long as you aren't bleeding and so long as you aren't having any other troubles, enjoy a good smoke. I had my wisdom teeth out and was smoking within ten days...no problems. But, then again, the other guys are right in fearing the dry sockets. For some reason my extractions, all four at one time, felt totally fine after just a few days. I had one wisdom tooth that had to be yanked off of my jaw but I think I had a pretty easy trip down that road. I have heard horror stories from lots of folks, including my wife, but I just had no problems at all.

So, take my advice for what it is worth and remember, I am a lawyer and not a doctor!!!
blush.gif
(This advice is not intended to supplant the advice of a qualified medical professional. The opinions expressed herein are not those of Cigarpass and are solely the opinion of the contributor. Consult your physician or dental professional in determining how to proceed for your individual situation. All disputes are governed by the laws of Muritania and all legal action shall be commenced in that forum).

Good luck.

sign.gif
sign.gif
That is one hell of a disclaimer, your lawyer skills are forever improving.

I had mine removed without incident, but I wasn't smoking at the time so there wasn't an issue. I have heard that a dry socket is very painful and I would not take a chance.

Ken

Don't do it. Dry sockets ain't worth it. You've never experienced pain until you've had one. Let 'em heal. Trust me on this. You don't want a dry socket.

Doc.
This man speaks the truth. Dry sockets and oral infections aren't something to risk if you have a choice. I've sat in the oral surgeon's chair, and it's a really good place to avoid.

You can quite likely smoke cigars for the rest of your life, so take two or three weeks off and let your mouth heal. Don't be shortsided and foolish with your health.

B.B.S.

Be careful man, and don't rush it. I had mine done this past March and it was over a month before I felt comfortable to smoke a stick.

I know the feeling, as do most of us, but dry sockets aren't worth a stick.

i would do it. just rinse with listerine after your smoke...Just my opinion..Good luck

It usually takes gum tissue about 3-4 weeks to heal and smoking decreases healing, decrease blood supply to the protective blood clot, brings toxic products to the area, injuries the gum tissue and the negative pressure of sucking removes the blood clot from the surgery site.

I'd go with the majority here on this one, and skip the sticks 'till after it heals up.

i would do it. just rinse with listerine after your smoke...Just my opinion..Good luck

You're probably the type that puts kerosene on skin dyscrasias. Opinions like that should be kept to yourself.

Doc.

I just got my wisdom teeth pulled 3 days after christmas and I waited until about a month later before I had a cigar. On my warning sheet it said that you should wait a minimum of 2 weeks before smoking. I'd say three to be safe, thought I am not a dentist, or a lawyer for that matter haha. :rolleyes:

THANKS all! Good input and totally spot on. I am getting stitches out today, so will probably wait another 2-3 weeks to be safe. I appreciate the help.

Now I get to decide what smoke to celebrate my return!!! Ha!

I'm not saying to smoke a cigar, but when I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed I smoked cigs the following day. I just carried a big bottle of salt water to rinse with. Take a puff, rinse with salt water, puff, rinse. When you get them removed you want to rinse frequently with salt water anyway, so clean it out and ensure no food gets caught back there. This is one of the main cause of oral infections after extraction.

restate disclaimer printed above! :whistling:

Had all 4 cut out years ago and ended up with 2 dry sockets.

I wasn't smoking cigars at the time, but just let me say this... YOU DO NOT WANT DRY SOCKETS!!!!! :(

My opinion is to wait. I had all four of my wisdom teeth out back in the day, and, from my experience, you definitely want them healed up before smoking, eating certain foods etc.