• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOA Maduro

Shadow

That's DON Shadow to you!
Last night I was trying to figure out what I wanted to smoke after dinner. As I went through one of my coolers to get a AF Cuban Belicoso that I had decided on my eye fell upon a box of Hemingway Work of Art Maduros. I had not smoked one in about six months, so I grab one out of the box and retired to the back deck.

I had bought the box about two years ago and had only smoked a few when I first got them. They were good then so I was anticipating what a little age had done to them. I pulled the cigar out of the cello and was greeted with a oily, sleek cigar with no imperfections on the wrapper. The aroma was fantastic!

I clipped the end off and found the perfect draw, not too loose and not too tight. I lit the foot and took my first draw and was greeted by a large amount of smoke. Normally the foot of the WOA burns uneven from the little nub until it burns out to the main body of the cigar. This cigar burned even right from the beginning. It was a slow burning cigar that took about an hour and twenty minutes to finish. A medium flavor cigar that went quite well with a porter that I was drinking.

I was tempted to light another one after I finished this one but decided that I would save that for another day. I will be saving these for when I want to forget about things for a while and lose myself in a great cigar! :thumbs:

Nice review Shadow. The Hemis are an interesting line of cigars. They are wonderful off the truck but still get even better with age. I have a box of Signatures that are a little over a year old. Every one I smoke is better than the last.

Nice newbie review. :p As far as the Hemi line. Out of all the ones I have smoke, I really only enjoyed 2. One was the Sig and the other a SS. They rest were bland and one dimensional to me. So as I come about them, I usually trade or put them in a pass. Have only tried the naturals I think. If I had more than one cooler, I would make sure to smoke something different each day, not to repeat myself in the month, unless it was a different size in the line. ;)
Emo

I do enjoy the entire Hemingway line and as Greg said, a little age on em' makes em' even better. :thumbs:

I usually age all my Fuentes for at least one year. The aging realing improve the flavor. I first noticed it with a box of 858s that I had forgotten about. What a difference!

Great review! I have only had one of the WOAM and oh wow, they are good.

From everyone saying to let Hemingway's age for an even better smoke, will definately have to try that if I can get some stock up.

Sam (who is currently hoarding only 3 short stories :sign: )

The WOAM is my favorite Hemi Maddie... no contest! I agree with the aging comment especially with the WOAMs... they definitely improve with age!

Aloha,

Wade