• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WOAM Part II

Doc Wylie

Curmudgeon
It was a particularly stressful day. I run a skilled nursing facility, and today the state health department arrived for their annual unannounced inspection. They do not point out or commend positives... their job is to find fault and error, and they devote four days to this effort. We always do well, but the experience is none the less nerve-wracking and tense. Not a fun day.

Day One ended after 12 hours of intense scrutiny, and after dragging myself back to home and hearth I felt that I needed a special treat to relax and fortify myself for Day Two. So... I removed one of my cherished WOAM's from the humidor. This was to be my second smoking of one of these little gems, the first being enjoyed a couple weeks ago and reviewed on this forum.

The wrapper was very, very dark...much darker than the first one. The prelight draw was tasty and whetted my appetite for the lovely smoke to follow. I don't have any photos to share but if I did they would reveal the beautiful ash that stayed intact just past the halfway point. The flavor seemed better than the first (which was outstanding) and the spicy, cocoa-ishness was delicious. It produced a rich, thick smoke that on this calm evening allowed me to puff out a few small smoke rings. The aroma was intoxicating, and each sip produced a nearly uniform level of flavor. I enjoyed this little honey until my fingers started getting burned and then reluctantly finished it off.

I'm not sure how I'll top this one tomorrow, but right now things are alright in my world and tonight I'll sleep well.

nice review on the WOAM man. I also agree with the inspection. I do not know how nursing homes are, but I know how joint commission comes into the hospital and I agree it is very very stressful! Glad to hear you always do well though!!!

Don

A great great way to end a day like yours. Good work, you deserved the reward.

Doc, I know exactly how you feel. Its total mental stress when they're in there. I work at a restaurant in a luxury hotel and we've had the health department and Ecosure come through on the same day unannounced. Like you say, they don't say yay or nay, just keep tapping things on their little hand computers. For me, its harder when they come through than having totally full services continuously through lunch and dinner. There is always the "man I should have replaced the empty soap dispenser etc etc.
Glad you made it home and got to relax with a nice smoke and yes you will sleep well and tomorrow will feel like a breeze. G1

Great review Doc! Sounds like you deserved it! I can sympathize..... I wonder how that compares to the EPA and the state DEC showing up unexpectedly? ??? :0

Also sympathize on the monitoring stress. I've dealt with Monitors from Harrisburg. Rolaids in the economy bottle time.

Thanks for the review. Haven't experienced a WOAM yet, but it's on the list.

By the way, the last Buggin' State is the last Friday of August.