• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Woodford Reserve Distillery tour

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
Had a chance to tour the Woodford Reserve distillery recently while in Louisville. A fellow CPer fled town shortly after I announced my presence so I was forced to enterntaini myself :)

I only have the Jim Beam distillery tour to compare, but this was a really cool experience. This is a beautifully restored old distillery that is just picture perfect located in the country of the town of Versailles. The tour was upfront and right through the production. You could stand over the mash and smell that distillers beers and feel the heat as it bubbled away. Very cool experience if you have a chance.

I was almost in tears as I had to drive by the Wild Turkey, Four Roses, and one other distillery on my way back to Louisville from Lexington. Hope to hit them all before I'm done. The bourbon trail is on the bucket list.

I did a run last fall that had stops at all the distilleries. The Woodford one was great. Makers is also a very nice joint. Woodford was passing out samples left and right, along with bourbon balls.

U should've came to buffalo trace!!! And a bourbon ball is a candy, sweet cream made into a ball and covered in dark chocolate with a pecan on top. And they are delicious!

U should've came to buffalo trace!!! And a bourbon ball is a candy, sweet cream made into a ball and covered in dark chocolate with a pecan on top. And they are delicious!

I was on my way after Woodford, but couldn't make the last tour time. I will have to look forward to that one next trip!

I agree, Buffalo Trace is well worth the visit. That said, the setting of Woodford Reserve is amazing.

A fellow CPer fled town shortly after I announced my presence so I was forced to enterntaini myself :)

Hey Dick! LOL , I felt bad enough...just got back in town today.....missed 2 days of hanging with the kids for Spring Break too! :angry: Sorry I missed ya, come on down again or maybe i can get up there!

I know you felt bad, haas. No need to. That was a long trip! I did not give you much warning either. I am used to drinking alone and entertaining myself. Doc Crow's was a great place. Pork rinds, ribs, Four Roses single barrel and some bread puddin' was all good. I don't want to give Shooter a big head, but those ribs he made last trip were better than I've had in a long time.

Till next time, DePasta.

A fellow CPer fled town shortly after I announced my presence so I was forced to enterntaini myself :)

Hey Dick! LOL , I felt bad enough...just got back in town today.....missed 2 days of hanging with the kids for Spring Break too! :angry: Sorry I missed ya, come on down again or maybe i can get up there!

What's a bourbon ball?

It's a chocolate ball with bourbon mixed in with the chocolate. It's normally they are about the size of a golf ball.

Try one asap they are awesome.

I have done the entire Kentucky bourbon trail and it was a great experience. Woodford was my favorite tour with makers a close second

Thanks for the explanation...