• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Woodford Reserve Masters Collection

IanHummel

My local shop just got this. It's a bit pricey ($85 if I remember correctly). Wondering if this Masters Collection is worth it's high price tag? The previous years reviews that I've seen have been mixed.

I don't know anyone who has tried it yet. I'll be getting one this week.

Woodford Reserve is my favorite bourbon and gets restocked in my home bar 3X more often than anything else . . . but that's nearly triple the price of their regular line.

Better be AWFULLY good for that much.

~Boar

I agree Boar, that's why I decided to hold off on picking it up until I got more information on it.

I made a post regarding it on straightbourbon.com and from what I gathered, it's not worth the price tag.

Are you talking about the Woodford Reserve 1838 Sweet Mash? I've heard it is better then the Wine cask stuff from last year but I don't know that from first hand experience........yet :)

Well, my local retailer got four bottles of the Master's Collection Sonoma-Cutrer Finish in and . . . well, I couldn't help myself. Pulled the trigger on one of 'em.

I love it. Very unusual, and you can definitely taste the Chardonnay influence. Big nose of apples and oak, sweet and fruity on the finish. Absolutely lovely tipple.

~Boar

I've been a Woodford Reserve drinker for nearly 6 years now, and it is, frankly, the only liquor I ALWAYS make sure I have (funny that I don't have any right now). I've heard about these special releases before, and have yet to read an honest, comparative review on them. I'll send you a soda bottle with $40, send me of this 1838 some back ;D

Well I unfortunately will be unable to run to the store and pick this up seeing as they won't sell it in NC!!! So if someone wouldn't mind helping me out I could make it worth your while in cigars or $$$$! I love Woodford Reserve :love: